Can U Stop The Elders From Having A Judicial Committee Against You?

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

I say let them have their day.

You don't have to attend.

One day they are going to stand before Jesus and answer to Him just like everyone who has walked this planet.

With that in mind, their power has no meaning in the grand scheme of life.

• zack
    zack

I am all for harrassing the elder body. I personally don't care whether I win or lose in a court of law. I would use the legal system to, at the least, let the individual elders

feel the heat a little bit. It is a POSSIBILITY that they can lose against you. It is a POSSIBILITY that defending themselves could bankrupt them. You think their wives wouldn't worry them to death?

Give them hell, that's my position. Make them feel the heat.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I doubt that I could stop them from having a judicial committee against me if they really wanted one. (The way the congregations are going these days, they might have other, more sinister ideas instead). But, you can make them waste their time and gas to get there only to not show up for it. You will still get disfellowshipped. But they cannot further control you or make orders that you have to start going to the boasting sessions if you don't show up.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I kind of wanted to know who would shun me and my family and people important to me. I don't want anybody in my life who'd throw me under the bus because of the books I read. It's proof of bad character if I don't protect people important to me because I don't want to hurt the "feelings" of the abusers.

I not only want to hurt the feelings of the abusers, I want to advocate to their detriment.

With my personal experience with Jehovah's Witnesses as my reference point, I have a "one strike and you're out" policy with them. If they shun me or hurt my family or disrespect people important to me once, I'm done with them forever.

In my life Jehovah's Witness relatives have been a curse, not a blessing . . . a liability, not an asset. I have a good family and good friends. I'm not going to disrespect them by tolerating Jehovah's Witnesses and their weasel ways. I'd sue the Witnesses if they didn't shun me.

• xjwms
    xjwms

Hey

Its their game

and their rules

I'm glad I don't play anymore.

• minimus
    minimus

Flipper, you appealed and won! Good for you. Would your parents have talked to you if you were df'd???

• flipper
    flipper

Minimus asked - Would my parents have talked to me if I had been DFed? You know Minimus, it's 50/50 % chance on that one. And a chance I was not willing to take as my mom 80 and my dad 82 have been in the org. 55 years . I didn't want them to be put in a position by that organizationto have to make a decision to choose between me and their organization. My mom probably would have still talked with me, but my dad, an elder of 50 some odd years might not have- which would have killed my mom, perhaps literally .

I wasn't going to take a chance at my mom having a damned coronary over an issue that was none of the organizations business anyway ! All I would need would to be DFed, my mom die of a stroke because of it, and my self righteous exBethe elder brother 60, and older sister ( ex-gileadgraduate ) blaming me for mom's death. Believe me, my older brother and sister are so JW controlled, they would have played that guilt trip card if it had happened ! Twisted &%cks ! I was NOT going to let that happen ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

FRANKIESPEAKIN- Thanks for the kind words bro about the heart of a warrior thing ! I'd stare down Ted Jaracz if I had to ! None of these people intimidate me anymore who are in the witnesses. I really believe my son and I at the appeal committee meeting actually intimidated the elders with our quiet, confident , dismissing attitude towards them and their authority, and that we would not take false accusations from them in any manner! I'm totally proud of my son. He is a real 22 year old young man, who stands up for what is right ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

i bet that was an interesting meeting......... where those a$$hole elders had to state that you were a jw in good standing again lol. i woulda been there videotapeing it. lol........

fact is..... can you stop them from dfing you............ YES......... tell them you belive their s***, if they have no proof then deny everything and act like you would NEVER do anything like that........ that you love jehovah and are dealing with serious depression issues and thats why you havent been at the meetings. tell them that you promise to do better............ yadda yadda yadda...........

problem is.......... if your not a good enough actor......... or they have made up their mind previous to meeting with you............ your SOL buddy. its shown time and time again that 80% or better of the elders are company men who dont give a flying F(*& about the 1 sheep just want the adoration of the 99.

my wifes uncle was just such a man......... he had status in the org...... knew it was bulls*** and treated his wife like pure dog s***. you had to kiss his a$$ to get him to do anything and when someone higher up in the bethel food chain came along......... he always smoozed with them.......... discusting in my opinion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit