Can U Stop The Elders From Having A Judicial Committee Against You?

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I don't think so. I believe that if they decide to have it, there's nothing legallyspeaking, that you can do to thwart it.

What's your opinion???

• Open mind
    Open mind

How about a little sugar placed simultaneously in three different gas tanks?

Oh, darn. You did say "legally speaking" didn't you.

Nope. I guess there's nothing you can do.

Open Mind

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I dont recall the "Flock" books spin on stopping a JC. I dont really think there would be any practical way to stop on if the ball started rolling.

Unless you bought the Circuit Overseer... or have some special Uncle on the GB. The Civil courts (US) would say it's a religious matter and beg off.

~Hill

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

My guess is that if you threaten with legal action against each elder individually, the meeting may not go away, but there will be no public announcement afterwards.

• minimus
    minimus

From what I can see, it doesn't matter if you refuse to recognize their authority....they CAN, if they so desire, meet behind closed doors and slander you. And there's nuthin' you can really do about it.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

If mama wants something, mama gets it minimus

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    they CAN, if they so desire, meet behind closed doors and slander you. And there's nuthin' you can really do about it.

What if you're legally dead ... will they still do it? [just kidding]

• minimus
    minimus

Hopefully, Mama forgets about me.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Let me share something with you minimus. Once at a Host Visit, the DO told me "If you think you need to disfellowship, go ahead and disfellowship and woryy about the appeal later"

• minimus
    minimus

Stilla, I've heard that said before.

FFM,I know of an elder who tried to convince the elders to disfellowship a man who had committed suicide!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit