Who else is celebrating Xmas for the 1st time this year?

by WT=watchtrouble 11 Replies latest jw friends

• WT=watchtrouble
    WT=watchtrouble

This is the first year I am celebrating, found some greatt worldly friends LOL who are determined to make my 1st xmas the best ever.

Interested in who else is celebrating for the 1st time. How are you feeling about, I have mixed emotions at the moment. Feel like a naughty kid about to do something sinful LOL

Dare I say it MERRY XMAS to all.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I celebrated Christmas when I was growing up, so technically this isn't the first time. And last year I got a few Christmas lights and ornaments.

However, this is the first year in about 20 years that I had a proper Christmas tree. That thing is heavily decorated. I also have every room in my apartment decorated with garland, LED lights, and every sort of ornament and figurine. I have Christmas carols in my computer to listen to. In fact, my apartment has more Christmas lights showing from outside than most people's houses this year.

Unfortunately, I do not have any shopping list. Nor do I expect to get any gifts. But at least I want to have the place heavily decorated. It will be a slap in the Watchtower Society's face and that of the local congregation. It will also brazenly advertise that I am not one of those Je-Pedophile-hovah's Witlesses to anyone that might be passing by. And I had a heavy share in decorating the common area of my apartment sub-building. My hallway is the only one that has Christmas lights that can be seen from the main walk; my door also has a lit wreath that can be seen from the main sidewalk.

Sure beats donating to the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Our family is. We are so excited, but I think I am more excited than the kids! We have some family out, just not my mom and his mom. So far no one has been struck down by lightning and we are not demon posessed.

Merry Christmas!

momzcrazy

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

The first one is amazing. I've been celebrating Christmas, to varying degrees, since 2001 or 2002 (a lot of that time period is still very muddy to me), but last year was the first time since leaving that I got the spirit. I sat on Santa's lap, I went all out on presents, I sent out cards, I participated in as many secret santa thingies as I could. It was a blast.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Wow, what did Santa say about that? What did you ask for?

momz

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

tom_santa

What did I ask for? For him to remove the restraining order...

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

First giggle of the morning feels great!!! I don't know why he didn't want you to sit on his lap, you're a cutie!

momz

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I am!

alt

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Abandoned I think Santa will be scarred for life.

I'm going to buy some presents for my friends for the first time ever this year, and last month bought my first ever birthday card.

• feenx
    feenx

I kind of celebrated last year, but this is the first year where I will be with family (GF's fam) and have spent lots of money on fun presents :) Though I still have no desire for a tree or lights at my place ...?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit