Is Higher education strongly discouraged in 2007 district convention?

by dark angle 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• R.F.
    R.F.

I didn't stick around long enough at the DC to hear the garbage.

From what I understand, higher education most certainly was frowned upon in program.

I'm in agreement with Tuesday in saying that this policy is a dangerous one for the future. Sure, not everyone making a living has a college degree, but it's definitely appearing that you need to have some kind of further education past the secondary level to make a decent living these days.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    It takes the extreme that college is about partying all the time

If you party all the time, you won't pass your exams! [darn retards!]

• wunce_wuz
    wunce_wuz

This was mentioned above:

Usually, you have a bro or sis on stage confirming that college is nothing but a drunken orgy of frat parties and illicit sex. What no one sees, and it is failed to be mentioned, is how socially retarded those are that are raised in the "Truth" really are, so that when they get to college and are free from the chains of their overbearing parents they just go crazy on the freedom high and do everything they were never allowed to do or experience before in their lives. They have no social gauge or self-control in which to say, "I'm not goig to down that half bottle of Captain Morgan and then screw 3 different guys." - it just isn't there. They are away from home for the first time, out from under the microscope of their parents constant JW watchfulness, and feel so free and high spirited that they go overboard all at once. Most kids aren't like this; my neice is going away to college and although Lutheran, is not the Devil's tool at all. She has been given freedom by her parents, but doesn't even have a boyfriend, smoke, or even stay out. She is too busy with her LIFE in band, school studies, choir, church youth activities, etc to be immoral.

JW youth and young adults are completely socially retarded and clueless as to how to behave themselves around other people away from mommy and daddy's constant belittling. I know, I was raised in and used to be a social retard just like the ones you see in your local congregation, and I went to college as well. I think I know what I'm talking about.

-----------------------------------------------------------

When I was at Bethel I seen this same thing in varying degrees with a few other guys there. They were so sheltered that even Bethel was a social shock and they got carried away with the "freedom" they had there compared to home.

• 4mylove
    4mylove

Higher education being discouraged in this century is just more proof of the cult mentality.

• 4mylove
    4mylove

I am listening to this now and am sick to my stomach. This man obviously didn't go to college. Holy Crap! Ms Fuentes should know that college is not only for better money. It is to open the mind. To complete a journey. To become more tolerant of the world....you ig-no-rant bastards! Not everyone parties, I've been to more "wordly" parties thrown by JW'S than college students.

• 4mylove
    4mylove

This recording sounds soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo scripted!!!!!!!!

Surely it was from the heart

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

All DC parts are manuscript now.

• dark angle
    dark angle

i remember sometime on 2000, when our philippine bethel branch was recruiting more personel, one of their preferred requirements was having a college degree. this was reason why several elders and brothers were hesitant to apply because most of them havent finished college.

This is so much in contradiction with the anti college spirit in this years convention. There seems to be a double standard here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit