and thus the cycle repeats

darkness has no real reign…
    only a brief and succinct moment
    of apparent conquest....

and then hope is rewarded
    when the light returns....

( the mushy, private stuff
    has been edited out....

For the first time, the 2007 Winter Solstice illumination at Newgrange in Ireland will be available live on the Internet, weather conditions permitting. See http://www.newgrange.com/ The passage and chamber at Newgrange will be illuminated by the rising sun on 2007-DEC-21 between 08:58 and 09:15 GMT.

• JK666
    JK666

I sure am ready for the days to get longer instead of shorter!

JK

• Cold Creek Swimmer
    Cold Creek Swimmer

It's my favorite day of the year because from there on out the days get longer. No more coming home in the dark and going to work in the dark. I've been in AZ for 4 months now and can see why so many move here for the winter. Nothing like sunshine to chase away the blues from being away from my family. Happy New Year and longer days to all!

CCS

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

It's not that bad here in Mississippi either.

Sunrise:6:56 AM | Sunset:4:58 PM

• Legolas
    Legolas

A very remarkable planetary/galactic configuration occurs on December 23rd and 24th2007 . The configuration on December 23 — Mars, Earth, Sun, Mercury, Jupiter, Galactic Centre — is shown in the graphic simulation linked below; it becomes even more remarkable in that it will be accompanied by the Full Moon (conjunct Mars) at about 2 a.m. on December 24 when a simultaneous Venus square Neptune occurs. It is even more remarkable in that the Pluto/Sun conjunction appears exactly on the Winter Solstice, just past conjunction with the Galactic Centre.

Link below is the view from Mars toward the Jupiter, Mars, Earth, Mercury, Pluto alignment toward the Galactic Centre on 23 December2007 which occurs just after the Pluto/Jupiter (Heliocentric) conjunction on 23 November2007 . NASA Solar System Simulator for 23rd Dec 2007

Solar System on Dec 22, 2007. What is not shown is Pluto (which would be to Jupiter's right) Saturn, which follows down from Venus, and Uranus and Neptune. Saturn and Neptune form the cross's t-member. It is a 23/12 configuration. There will be a full moon on Dec. 23, 2007

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conjunction_%28astronomy_and_astrology%29#2007

• chickpea
    chickpea

bonfire at my house!! digging out the fire pit tomorrow morning ( under over a foot of snow!)

• White Dove
    White Dove
    That's beautiful!
  • momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I have the candles, the tree and a yule log. But I can't lite the log in my gas fireplace. I'll bring good luck trinkets for your tree when we come for the bonfire.

I completely understand the pagan need for rituals and their connection to the elements. I find them beautiful.

momz

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

The time will be very special .my friends and I will be in deep meditation during this special celestial event.

Join us at http://sunchildren.ning.com and introduce yourself

• DJK
    DJK

I want the mushy stuff!

DJK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit