I am still a JW, what shall i do?

by nevaagain 29 Replies latest jw friends

• ISP
    ISP

Hey Neva! Thanks for posting! Not easy sometimes to take the plunge and say what you feel!

I think JWs believe there has to be absolute truth. Ever seen the Matrix? Reality is not always what you wantit to be ....but it is reality and the truth.

ISP

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

hey neva welcome to the board.

you ask what shall you do? well, i say learn. arm yourself with knowledge. study everything that interests you! keep coming here and asking questions.

hope to hear from you again soon!

love
    harmony

Most people think, Great God will come from the skies, Take away everything And make everybody feel high. But if you know what life is worth, You will look for yours on earth: And now you see the light, You stand up for your rights.~~Bob Marley

• Escargot
    Escargot

Need a Heavy? Please read Raymound Franz' two books, and see your eyes open up! I was an elder, the two books did it for me. I have stories too, e-mail me and I will give you the background...

Erasmus (1520 AD): "If we want truth, every person ought to be free to speak what they think without fear."

• serenaj92
    serenaj92

Another thing to try is ask someone of psychology what the affects of a cult are. Most will tell you paranoia, depression, thinking too highly of one particular body of people and fear others.....and they will go on and on, then look around you at the kingdom hall.
    There was a witness lady that was working with me and she forgot it was meeting night and wore slacks instead of a dress or skirt. She feared going into the kingdom for she would surely get dirty looks and stares.
    That is extreme mind control. She should, if this religion was truely spiritual, would feel comfortable with everyone and just know everyone would love her and welcome her no matter what she wore, as long as she was there. THis lady is just one example, there have been many others I have heard on that very same topic.

So ask someone in psychology what the effects of a true cult is.

Shunning is a good example too. I thought that was very interesting that they didn't want to explain shunning to me when I was studying. If more people made this known there wouldn't be so many painful situations in the end.

• nevaagain
    nevaagain

thanks for the warm greetings. wow so many responded...

i just asked my father about the GB guy that left and it was true hehe he even asked me how do i know that. hmm was that a secret?

i started reading many of sites listed on the bottom but i dont like the harsh style they are dealing with us ... i mean thats nothing new :) as jesus said, why should you threat us better then him? hehe

anyway, thanks guys. i send you that offered it to me a mail for further discussion. i just want to know both sides.

by the way, you left the jws because you had your reasons. what about jehovah and the bible? do you still believe in them? now you don´t have anything between you and jehovah after leaving the organization... what about the paradise?

the last thing to do after leaving the organization were to start smoke, take drugs and start sexing around. because i read several posts here that contained just that. is that the right way? i would still choose jw way over the above mentioned :)

i am still a little bit confused in what to believe. your way sounds easier and i think easier = false. the way of a christian shouldn´t be easy

• nevaagain
    nevaagain

i forgot to answer to DIMs interesting post. DIM could you shed some light on the stuff you mentioned? your mail adress is restricted so i couldn´t mail it to you...

by the way, are you leaving for something better?

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

neva,

the last thing to do after leaving the organization were to start smoke, take drugs and start sexing around. because i read several posts here that contained just that. is that the right way? i would still choose jw way over the above mentioned :)

not everyone who leaves the borg starts doing drugs, smoking, sleeping around etc...some do and some don't. the best thing about leaving a controlling organization is that YOU have the FREEDOM to decide exactly how YOU want to live your life. no one telling you what you can and can't do. as an adult, you should be able to make good choices for yourself. do you really need someone to tell you what movies you should watch or what sex acts are acceptable between married couples? FREEDOM is why many left the borg. that's why i left, so i could make my own decisions about my own life.

talk soon!

love
    harmony

Most people think, Great God will come from the skies, Take away everything And make everybody feel high. But if you know what life is worth, You will look for yours on earth: And now you see the light, You stand up for your rights.~~Bob Marley

• nevaagain
    nevaagain

hmm let me see, i am listening to rap music right now and i watch every movie i like :) well about acceptable sex acts, i never heard/read any restrictions so far. and last time i checked i wasn´t a borg :P

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

hey neva, that's great that you can listen and watch whatever you want. unfortunately for some jws that is not the case. they are filled with guilt and fear. i know i was when i was a jw, i never thought i was doing enough or being good enough to make it thru armageddon. i thought for sure i was going to be bird food.

as for sex acts, well, i think it was in the 70's that oral sex was a disfellowshipping act. someone else here i'm sure has better info on this than me! but like i said in my first post, research and read and find as much info as you can!

enjoy your search neva

love
    harmony

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Neva: Please do not misconstrue that because the articles you read here are harsh, that its because the JW's are being treated the way Jesus was.

There's a very big difference between Jesus & this org. The reason some are so critical is for the "lack of love", not the expression of it. Its JW policies regarding members and their doctrines, none of which are truly based in the bible, that has cause much suffering to many on this board. Many have suffered at the hands of this religion in many different ways.

Although most here do not consider themselves "victims", they do wish to help others that are making their way out of that organization and are confused, alone and suffering.

Many here were long time, faithful servants to Jehovah, and faithfully followed the WTBTS until it became clearly and extremely painfully evident that this was not a "marked" organization.

Keep in mind, Jesus never CHANGED or ALTERED his teachings to fit the whims of the time. His words were constant and true. His apostles stumbled often while they were with him, and yet each occurence was met with love, understanding, compassion and true spiritual guidance. That doesn't exist on any size scale within the JW's - if you need proof, show your dad where you've been finding the information you've been reading here. Better yet, show it to elders w/in your congregation, and see how much "love" is shown.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit