JWs', lying SOBs

by LouBelle 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Incognito
    Incognito
    I asked my JW bud why JW's shun. I told them how childish that was. He simply agreed, but said they don't. Who's giving me the bs? Him or about 2000 of you here?

Witnesses rely heavily on technicalities and their own private terminology. They say that they don’t shun as they call it ‘Disfellowshipping’ or being ‘Disfellowshipped’. A rose by any other name….

They will usually become indignant and call you a liar or say you don’t know what you’re talking about if you don’t refer to things in their terminology.

Even the most innocent of words has to be nit-picked apart and as a witness, you are judged if you use the incorrect word.

For example, the Bulletin Board at the rear of the hall can’t be called that. It has to be called the “Information Board”.

A Witnesses place of worship is a "Kingdom Hall" and cannot be called a church as many in the public refer to it.

Being Baptized = being a full fledged Jehovah's Witness member.

As a witness, you can’t say “Good Luck” or “Lucky”.

You can’t say “Bless You” if someone sneezes.

Being a Witness is referred to being “in the truth”. (ie: when meeting someone new at the hall "how long have you been in the truth?")

Not being a Witness is referred to as “being wordly” or a witness with independant thoughts is referred to as having a "wordly attitude".

There are more but it’s too tiring to even think about.

• Marjorie
    Marjorie
    I have felt like decorating one for Christmas.

Don't forget the obligatory sign: ''NEW LIGHT - WE CELEBRATE XMAS NOW!!!''

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

I have worked with him for about 5 years and recently he has been putting more thoughts into my mind. But don't worry, every time he tells me something I do some research here and "BAM" , out comes more to discredit his "knowledge". Like the Watchtower tells the faithful, etc, you must work hard to enter into the new system. I asked him the other day why the bible seems to say otherwise. He said (as usual) show me. I said John 3:16. He said- you cannot just pick one verse to suit you. So then I found out 15 more verses here and there and threw it all at him. Well, it was interesting as I pointed out that they seem to have left Jesus out of the equasion. He said to me that all verses are important. I asked him the significance of this phrase: she lusted after genetails as large as donkeys, and emmisions, like those of a horse. He said he was a good bible student and said it could not possibly exist. I gave him the book, chapter and verse-said look it up. There are many versions, but all mean the same. Here's the important part for me- I said now you understand why I do not take ALL of the book at face value.

The next day I met him and he said he was shocked that it really was there. (So much for being a bible student).

I will remember that disfellowshipping IS shunning. Just another WT game. Thanks for the heads up.

• twistedsister
    twistedsister

she lusted after genetails as large as donkeys, and emmisions, like those of a horse

Where can I find that? I thought I had found all the "dirty" stuff in the Bible! haha

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    worldtraveller wrote: I asked my JW bud why JW's shun. I told them how childish that was. He simply agreed, but said they don't. Who's giving me the bs? Him or about 2000 of you here?

Like incognito said, it's all semantics. They develop their own unique, specific definitions of words and principles and that's what adhere to. It becomes like a secret language that others don't quite follow. To the opening post in this thread, it makes me angry, too. And after I was out for a while I noticed that I had developed some really bad habits about speaking 'truth'. To witnesses, 'truth' is often relative. And moldable/adaptable to cover whatever circumstances are at hand. Some people are not entitled to now 'truth', so lying is completely acceptable. It's theocratic warfare. -Aude.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Hello Twisted-ezekiel 23:20- some versions are a bit tamer. There is a church group in the US that sells t-shirts with that printed on it.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: I feel like egging a KH or trashing one - I got to get some tea.

Why not try something benign like I once did. When no one was around, I put a note in the mailbox at a local KH.

It said, "Why doesn't your Church have any windows?" (hahahaha)

Farkel

• twistedsister
    twistedsister

Thanks World

Thats just freakin hilarious - I know all the ones in Levitcus but the Ezekiel one totally eluded me!

• freydi
  • LouBelle
    LouBelle

Farkel - I'm actually going to send a letter to all the congregations I can find in my area highlighting the whole pedophile thing in the JWs. I think all the address and telenumbers are listed in our local directory.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit