The Biblical Flood Thoroughly Trashed

by Farkel 75 Replies latest watchtower bible

• watson
    watson

I needed to mark this. Thank you Farkel.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Excellent thread--bookmarking it.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Well it appears you might have something Hillary. Some of his claims definately seem outrageous. 100% proof of anything today seems impossible. You can't even trust the news.

I can tell you this. He did find something very unusual. I highly doubt he brought those ancient drogue stones up the mountain and planted them as with the remains of what appears to be a boat. There might be some other reason for it being there. That I havn't looked into yet.

The way soemthing can be faked today should not be taken lightly. I restore antiques and sell them and even I, have a hard time spoting a fake. Even cracks in paint can be duplicated as well as other features of aging. The Ossuary of James, the brother of Jesus is a prime example of this.

Here is a link regarding Ron Wyatt his claims, and some comments by his contemporaies.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Oopps sorry, here is the Ron Wyatt link.

http://www.tentmaker.org/WAR/

• Farkel
    Farkel

What is WORTH reading is Alan F's essays. When you are done reading them, you cannot debunk them and the notion that a "Noah's Ark" still (or ever existed) is absolute bullshit.

READ Alan F's essays before posting your opinion bullshit, you true believers who comment without research or reading all the evidence and learn by what you see on television. PLEASE.

: I will use that name you offered as a link. I can't see this being faked though. It seems everytime you get a little bit of evidence, something else comes along to disprove it. Remains of a boat in the mountains is a tad mysterious though. I'd love to read why this is bogus.

It's been declared bogus for a whole bunch of reasons, including confessions from the fakers. Read and learn.

: Apparently the government of Turkey has declared this, the official" Ark resting place" and even created a lodge for tourists.

Now why would they do that? Hmmmmm. Tourism without regards to facts? A "lodge" for tourists without regard to facts. Tourism dollars without regard to facts? Mammon over facts? Nah? No one does THAT! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The global flood never happened. It didn't and it couldn't have happened. READ AND LEARN. I've linked you to the resource and there are many more.

Farkel

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There is another law of physics that shoots the Watchtower explanation that the weight of the water pushed down the rock mass to form ocean basins and mountains full of holes. Even if the rock mass was flexible, it doesn't make any sense. To illustrate, just take a bottle of full-fat salad dressing and rock it so the oil starts to rock on top of the water layer. Does the weight of the oil push down the water to create basins and peaks? No. And it's not because of the shallow layer, either. If the oil were to do that, it would displace more water than its equivalent weight of oil by weight. And that would create potential energy, since gravity wants to pull the heavier layer to the bottom.

That is also the case with the water. Rock is heavier than water by volume (which is why a rock thrown in a lake will sink). No matter how many miles thickness of water you have, if it were to create a basin, it would have to displace more weight of rock than the water itself. Anyone in high school physics knows that this doesn't happen. Instead, the rock (which is heavier) will want to stay on the bottom. The end result would be a perfectly flat surface of rock under a layer of water. Even if there was a weak spot in the rock, exerting a force of one pound cannot displace a rock that weighs two pounds and is the same size. And, since the pressure is even everywhere, that cannot be enough to displace the rock. Even if the pressure were disrupted (say, by an earthquake), it would no more form basins and mountains than that bottle of salad dressing when rocked.

This is another case of why they want people to short circuit high school. Not only do they want the children pioneering that much sooner, but that will keep them from integrating this. Most witlesses will not understand the principles of displacement, but anyone that got a B- or better in high school physics will. Stay in school! If you are getting ahead, please take advanced courses instead of short circuiting high school. Otherwise, you are going to regret it later!

• Farkel
    Farkel

a Christian,

Greetings, fool!

You said:

:But what about the unmistakably "universal" language used in the account? Doesn't the Bible tell us that God destroyed "all life under the heavens" (Gen. 6:17) during the flood? Yes, it does.

Well that just might mean what it means, doesn't it?

: But it also tells us that "all nations under heaven" lived in fear because of Joshua's conquest of Canaan. (Deut. 2:25) We are also told that during a famine that occurred at the time of Joseph, "The people of all the earth came to Egypt to buy grain from Joseph." (Gen. 41:57)

That tells me the Bible is pure bullshit. Joshua's conquest of Canaan was one of those pissant Israelite victories that mean nothing. Did China "live in fear" because of that puny battle? Did China even know about it, or ever care about it? Did China come to Egypt to buy grain from Joseph when their Country was about a zillion times bigger in area than Egypt? And, what was Joseph doing being in the grain-selling business, anyway? Wasn't he supposed to be working for God? Now, he's an entrepreneur? That is all bullshit. If you study history, you will learn that Jews have consistently rewritten their history to make their heritage bigger in history than it really was. I'm not picking on Jews. I'm picking on the LYING BASTARDS who rewrote their history (and their Bible) to make their culture look more important than it was in real history.

: And it tells us that at the time of Paul the good news of Jesus Christ had been "proclaimed to every creature under heaven." (Col. 1:23)

Did Paul lie, or die Paul not lie? You provide the answer here:

:Are we to believe such statements included the nations of people which then lived in North America, South America, China and Australia? Of course not.

If then, why not? Did Paul lie or not? He lied. Get used to it.

: We must remember that the world of the Bible writers was a much smaller world than our world today. Their part of the earth was then for them "the whole world."

But Paul was supposed to be directed by God. Are you arguing that God caused Paul to make such a sweeping statement when God knew he was talking about his own part of the world. If true, then God mislead not only Paul, but the rest of the true Bible believers. Why didn't God tell Paul to say, the good news has been proclaimed in nearly every block in a two block radius, instead of saying it was "proclaimed to every creature under heaven." (Col 1:23) Since when does GOD need to exaggerate stuff? Since when do people like you need to make excuses for this God to cause his prophets to overstated stuff to the max?

:But why would God have had Noah construct such a large ark if it was intended to carry only Noah, his family, and a collection of animals from his own land? Maybe Noah was instructed to build an ark big enough to hold every person in the land that was about to be flooded.

Read Alan F's commentary first. Then you might learn something. You are talking from ignorance.

: An ark with room enough for all those who might repent but didn't. The Bible tells us that Noah was "a preacher of righteousness." (2 Peter 2:5)

That is rubbish. Genesis clearly states that Noah preached NOTHING. God had already made up his mind to kill the planet. He didn't even ASK Noah to preach. The author of 2 Peter was making up shit, since it adds stuff that is not found in the Genesis account.

: We know that "God does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance."

More rubbish. See above. God NEVER gave the Noachian people ANY chance to repent. READ GENESIS.

: How could Noah be telling a land full of people to repent and get on the ark if that ark had no room for them?

Noah never did that. READ GENESIS. Chapter 6, verses 5-7 and tell we dummies where God showed any mercy or where God had Noah "preach" anything.

:God's plan of salvation today has room for everyone on earth, does it not?

God's plan of salvation today has room for no one on earth, does it not? Same type of argument, same fallacy of argument.

: Should we believe that God's plan of salvation in Noah's day did not?

Do you define a "plan of salvation" as mass genocide of the entire planet as a good thing, or not?

Idiot.

Farkel

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Who's saying I disagree with Allen F's essays. I think I stated that I for many years have had the same reasoning. All I want answered from you Farkel, is what are the remains of a boat doing at 6000 ft. plus. Your saying this is a hoax. Prove it. What exactly was faked. Maybe what it is, has been exagerated but don't tell me someone went way up a mountain in Turkey and planted old timbers etc. Everyone knows that data can be manipulated as well as facts to suit any veiw. Thats why there are so many interpretations of the bible. Do you really think the Turkish government would create this lodge to invite even more scientific scrutiny and debunking if it wern't so. Perhaps

That is why I did not disagree with Hillary Step when he called on Ron Wyatts credentials. We all have opinions. Some are based on facts which later change, to again alter our perceptions. When you close your mind to others with rudeness or an attitude of superioity you don't just have an opinion you are opinionated!

The theory of evolution has been changing too but its not quite ready for the public yet. For years it was taught as fact. Now they have dicovered things that just don't add up anymore. It's called forbidden archaeology. Imagine how stupid all these scientists would look if what they were teaching for the last hundred years was wrong. They can't admit it. It doesn't prove creation either. Rather it is far more complex than imagined. They were seeing things through the limited evidence that they had at the time. My own bother has found a human footprint in stone. He called up all kinds of bigwigs and they are not even interested.

So you like Allen F's essys. So do I. Not only do I not disagree, I think I stated things in a pleasant fashion.

All Allen F's essays do however, is point out is point out facts, based on the confusing parameters of biblical wording. As " A christian" pointed out the flood was not necesarily global. This changes things a lot. I don't know if this is a situation that calls for an" I'm right your wrong approach" anymore than proving a sasquatch is living in your backyard. One thing I'd like to know though Farkel, if you were wrong, could you admit it. I can.

• Farkel
    Farkel

poor Tyrone,

: I think I stated that I for many years have had the same reasoning. All I want answered from you Farkel, is what are the remains of a boat doing at 6000 ft. plus. Your saying this is a hoax. Prove it.

Ah, my friend! The one making the assertion has the burden of proof. I have fifty million invisible purple and orange unicorns telling me God's will. You are saying this is a hoax? Prove it.

:are based on facts which later change, to again alter our perceptions.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! FACTS don't change. Facts are facts. Perceptions change, but facts are always and will always be facts.

: When you close your mind to others with rudeness or an attitude of superioity you don't just have an opinion you are opinionated!

Ad hominem and a pretty lame one at that.

: The theory of evolution has been changing too but its not quite ready for the public yet.

Do you know anything about science and the scientific definition of "theory?" Thought not. Theory is the HIGHEST level of certainty in science, and once something is elevated from hypothesis to theory it has been elevated to the highest form of scientific acceptance. Why is "just" a "theory" so highly regarded in science? It is because NOTHING can be tested absolutely and under all conditions and in all circumstances. That is simply impossible. A theory is limited by the impossibilty of unlimited testing. A "religion" or "belief" is limited by the impossibility of ANY testing. See the difference?

Only fools deal in absolutes. Science cannot do that, because they are obliged to question everything.

: For years it was taught as fact. Now they have dicovered things that just don't add up anymore.

Like what? Name something.

: It's called forbidden archaeology.

LIke what? Name something.

: Imagine how stupid all these scientists would look if what they were teaching for the last hundred years was wrong. They can't admit it

Imagine how stupid you would look if you couldn't give a single fact to show that the scientists were teaching wrong stuff for the last hundred years. Could YOU admit it?

This last statement is a fallacy know as "Reifying". It talks about an abstract thing as if it were fact, and you used it, you delightful, but misguided fool.

Farkel

• Farkel
    Farkel

IF THE GLOBAL FLOOD STORY IS IMPOSSIBLE BASED UPON ACCEPTED SCIENCE, THERE IS NO ARK OF NOAH! There is NO reason to even talk about it!

What part of this is hard to understand?

Farkel, going back to serial killing. It is easier than dealing with this stuff....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit