Koran Qoutes; Eat blood emergency only / Don't be friend Christian or Jew!

by Witness 007 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• freetosee
    freetosee

Here it is:

[5.51] O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people.

• Gozz
    Gozz

And in the same chapter, at 5:82, you find the ironic:

[5.82] Certainly you will find the most violent of people in enmity for those who believe (to be) the Jews and those who are polytheists, and you will certainly find the nearest in friendship to those who believe (to be) those who say: We are Christians; this is because there are priests and monks among them and because they do not behave proudly.

Obviously, Christians and Jews of Muhammed's days are much worse than the Islamic extremists spawned by the religion today; obviously ;-)

• freetosee
    freetosee

Surah 2.120: "And the Jews will not be pleased with you, nor the Christians until you follow their religion."

I think that is one of the big problems among religions!

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Yup - verses 3 and 51

The verse 51 I have reads:

-51- O ye who believe take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: they are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily Allah guideth not a people unjust.

I think the word 'protector' speaks a lot. Another misunderstanding we have is the entire concept of 'friendship' which was being spoken about here. it's not the type of friendship we have in 'the west' - I suppose its more comparable to the mediaeval type. Friendship was a whole code of honour and loyalty - you could count on a friend to literally fight to the death/lay down their life for you. Friends were as close as family almost, not 'just' people you hang out with!

Now in that context, if a Muslim had a Christian friend, could the Muslim seriously expect that degree of loyalty in the battlefield against Christian armies who were fighting against them? Or would there be a conflict of loyalty? Could this rule have been put in place to protect the Jews and Christians as well as the Muslims?

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

http://www.omeriqbal.com/a/13

This is another explanation of 5:51, found via a Wikipedia link

• freetosee
    freetosee

THX Sad Emo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit