How Would You Feel?

by compound complex 17 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Friends,

I realize that this has already happened to some of you, but it is a new experience for me. A mutual friend put me in touch with old JW friends and family from my former congregation who have exited the organization. Ray Franz's books have played a large role in their escape. We recently spent 12 hours in nonstop discussion regarding our personal experiences. Our goal is to work together in helping other disaffected JWs.

I am elated.

How would you feel if you learned that your old JW friends were out and living happily now?

Thank you,

CoCo

• BrentR
    BrentR

I am in contact with several of them. It seems once you find them you start to find more of them that you may have lost touch with. It turns out some of my closest friends are ex-JW's.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I think about it every single day - I would be overjoyed.

Good for you, I'm happy for you.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

How would you feel if you learned that your old JW friends were out and living happily now?

Elation is a good word.

I'd feel the same for anyone that decides to embrace reality in lieu of religious superstition.

I just talked to the ex-ministerial servant that I helped get out.

We'll always have a special relationship.

So happy that you got reacquainted with your old friend, CoCo.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I can't wait to find someone from Fayetteville, NC; Witchita Falls; Dana Point; San Clemente; or Las Torres in Tijuana, Mexico who have left the org and knew me when we were both in. Yeah, that would be tres cool.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

I am Happy for you.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

I would be very pleased.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Lucky!

• Marjorie
    Marjorie

I am really happy for you and your friends, CoCo!

I don't think that I could adequately express the emotions that I would feel, knowing that someone escaped the Borg. And I don't know if they would necessarily be happy -- they may not be, having come to the realization that they were lied to. But I would hope that they would be happy. After all, they escaped a cult --and not just any cult, but one of the most dangerous and pernicious cults out there. They escaped with their life.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Happy...really happy. Some of the only real freinds I've ever had are still caught up in the Matrix. I'd like to see them out.

~Hill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit