Some things I have noticed since my husband has gone back to the KH

by GoodnessGracious 20 Replies latest jw friends

• GoodnessGracious
    GoodnessGracious

He uses terms like:
    ~ Its Okay if you don’t recognize Gods Sovergnty
    ~ Its Okay , you don’t know better, If you knew what I knew then you wouldn’t (celebrate xmas) LOL .. I told him I knew what he knew, and it’s irrelevant, haven’t gotten to the fact they can play with Pinata’s because they don’t mean the same thing they used to.
    ~ The truth don’t change

See he hasn’t gotten , what I consider condescending or belligerent with me as of yet, that’s why I haven’t gotten “ignorant” with him.

I really thought I would be able to handle this, but sometimes I get so sad because it is causing a separation between us ( His answer , it doesn’t have to , you can come with me, and if you have any questions you can ask a sister or brother – My answer, no I cant LOL – If I LOVE you and don’t believe you, what makes you think Im gonna listen to someone who is just trying to convert me into a puppet)

Anyhoo. Another reason it is so sad to me is because, he is one of the most intelligent people I have ever met, I mean he knows a little bit about everything. So wise , so funny, but also so paranoid, LOL. He says Gods feelings are hurt personally because he wasn’t going to the KH .. *sigh*

Sorry for the vent, this is becoming real emotionally draining for me ya know …

He also doesn’t go on Tuesdays he goes on Mondays – I think he goes to a cong that has merged and has a Spanish cong or something … Because I thought it was Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday’s .

I dont know what to do .. I get so lonely sometimes, but I am not giving in and going to that damn KH LOL

• carla
    carla

Sounds like my jw. How they equate sitting at a boring meeting listening to various people ramble on about total nonsense as spending time with their spouse is beyond me. God's feeling are hurt by him not going to a kh? yeah right, my jw used to say things like that too. They have such a small god don't they?

• feenx
    feenx

I'm not quite sure what to say to all that, besides that I deeply empathize with you. It sounds like you are handling things quite well and letting him do what he feels he must. Was he DF'd or inactive, and now going back? Were you ever a JW?

• Gopher
    Gopher

GG - you said you don't know what to do, but you're doing two things right already -- coming here for support, and being determined not to go to the Kingdom indoctrination center!

~ Its Okay if you don’t recognize Gods Sovergnty
    ~ Its Okay , you don’t know better, If you knew what I knew then you wouldn’t (celebrate xmas) LOL .. I told him I knew what he knew, and it’s irrelevant, haven’t gotten to the fact they can play with Pinata’s because they don’t mean the same thing they used to.

If you don't mind my saying so, I do consider the two above "it's okay" statements to be condescending. They are meant to make you feel somehow isolated or ignorant (which of course you are not).

~ The truth don’t change

Your example about the pinatas is just one example of how their standards and teachings (what they call "the truth") constantly changes. The internet has plenty of sites (like http://www.bible.ca/Jw-changes.htm ) that illustrate that JW's constantly change to suit their needs.

It seems he is both creating the alienation you're feeling and blaming you for it. I have JW parents who have emotionally separated themselves from their children and grandchildren because we won't accept their terms of family membership (i.e. we come back to the organization). This organization does break up families, and that's one thing I detest the most about the WT Society.

I am sorry to hear you are going through this. As I said, you do have good support here when needed.

• saywhat29
    saywhat29

His feelings are easily hurt. when you don't have enough field service time? he's hurt. When you aren't at one meeting? he's hurt- he was looking for you !!!! He wanted to give you a substitute talk since Bro. Sis. Hangover couldn't make it..again.

Yeah, I hear it well; I still think Jehovs is crazy at times if he's hurt by my missing of a meeting but not by those starving children. Like seriously. He'll be okay.

*goes back to sleep next sunday as well*

• flipper
    flipper

GOODNESS GRACIOUS- So nice to have you here on the board my friend ! Mr. & Mrs. Flipper welcome you . I'm so sorry you are being treated in this condecsening manner . But please know that all Jehovah's Witnesses are under , " cult mind control". Also under " information control", so that the only view of this world or the universe is what they tell them at those meetings your husband goes to. So, try to hang in there . We all are here on this board for you if you ever need to talk or vent . You are among friends who have been through some of the things you are going through, take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Smiles_Smiles
    Smiles_Smiles

I just wanted to add a ((HUG)). Sounds like classic JW behavior.

Smiles

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Hello Goodness Gracious!

You wrote:

the fact they can play with Pinata’s because they don’t mean the same thing they used to.
    ~ The truth don’t change

You might want to turn the tables non this rationalization business JWs like to use, and bring up the fact that normal people that celebrate Christmas in a traditional way, are being held to or following the things (religious based) that some ancient culture used to do for their Sun god or other deities. When we put up a tree or hang lights or decorations.....not ONCE does the reverent worship of a celtic god come to mind, etc. It IS about light and love and the total JOY of what WE hold as Christmas in OUR hearts.

Half of the time, JWs will dig far down into encyclopdias and haughtily show "LOOK-see HERE" to prove THEIR lame points.....when WE didn't know about this in the first place? Is the typical family TODAY obeying some ancient god they have never heard of or did not KNOW this ever WAS considered part of worship TO it? No, of course not......but they will try and make us think so. It is so stupid and far-reaching!

hugs,

Annie

• Rooster
    Rooster

Jesus celebrated his birthday along with his parents, as they accepted the gifts brought to them by the wise men. If God did not what Jesus to have these gifts & his patents celebrating his birth God would have stopped the wise men from reaching Jesus’ home.

Amen.

• GoodnessGracious
    GoodnessGracious

I really wish I knew how to quote LOL

Carla Yeah, it’s a mess. I m like they cant think they are that special, btu they do.. LOL

Feenx – No I was never a witness, I grew up around too many and saw them either kicked out of the house for not getting baptized , turning into hoochies , I mean going totally to the left LOL. Most of the ones that I ran into in my whole life were zombies, so I was never interested in joining. And there is really nothing anyone can say to convince me otherwise. Plus I don’t feel like Im missing out on something, and I don’t feel like there is a void in me that a mind controlling group can fill .. LOL .. That is why I look past all the JW stuff and look at the man I fell in love with cuz if I don’t, our marriage wouldn’t last. And he was DF’d for fornication back when he was single which I think was like 7 years ago ..

Gopher – Sometimes I feel that way too . But I gotta be strong for my son because I will NOT have him raised up in that foolishness .

Thanks for the welcome TheFlippers ! Everytime Im on this board I feel way stronger when I go home LOL .. when he goes to KH and he comes home, I don’t ask him, how was it, or did he enjoy it, I wont talk to him about it, he just goes on these rampages sometimes that make me want to toss myself out of a moving car. He always says, Im following the bible.Not a religion, so I say why join a religion, he says I believe they have the truth. Im like, oh okay , LOL.

I figure myself to be a very good person, I might drink too many beers here and there, LOL but Im faithful Kind and loving, and kinda funny … to think I will get “destroyed” for not going to church 3 days a week and then going door to door is sad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit