So is it Evolution or Creation

by Punk 85 Replies latest watchtower bible

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

What Derek said. Saved me some time!

You will find what you want in "the world" - because it is all there to find. You will find what you want in religion, too - because you have a need to find it. Whether you need the comfort of paradise or the terror of Hell to keep you in line, it's all there for the taking. Many humans seem to like that sort of thing - and some seem to be fine living in the mystery.

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

To anyone who believes in creationism,

I'm guessing you're American. I'm also guessing you're a Christian. Seems to me most people believing in creationism fall into these categories. The rest of the developed world has come to terms with the facts and knows that saying evolution is false is just like saying the Earth is flat. I hope you emerge from your mini dark age one day and join us.

So why don't you trust scientists? You trust that they can make cures for diseases, that your car will work, that your microwave can cook food safely and that any message you post here will be seen in another country. If they tell you how fast light travels, you take their word for it. If they tell you how far away the sun is, you take their word for it.

But when they say evolution is true, you assume you know better. You assume it's a lie. Why? It has nothing to do with looking at opposing 'evidence' or understanding the process better than they do. It has to do with one thing, and one thing only. A book, written a few thousand years ago, which says that a being called God created animals and humans. It has to do with wanting this book to be true, so much in fact that whatever evidence is shown you, you will refuse to look at it objectively.

Some people prefer their little world of ignorance and superstition. As long as we stop them teaching their lies in schools, I can't see what else can be done for these poor people. Trying to get an ignorant creationist to accept reality is like trying to get blood from a stone (or a Jehovah's Witness - joke courtesy of Pat Condell). There's only one thing I can do regarding people who are this closed minded, and it's the same thing I'd do to someone who still believed the world was flat. Laugh at their stupid ideas.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I must say after years and years of believing in the 7 days / 7000 years creation theory, and then coming out of that and pretty much tossing that aside (because 1. you cannot grow your greens without the sun and the sun only appeared after the greens 2. I don't believe it's literal in it's meaning) And because I do believe in and science has proved the adaption of species - I'm inclined to go with science right now.

That is my short, simplistic view. Thanks

• looseend
    looseend

Superfine thanks for covering the absurd argument about theory of fact. As for brother apostate i posted the same thing one the other thread I am posting here, please stop recommending that video.

In regards to the video Brother Apostate is pedaling, he posted it on one of my treads as well:

BA, I watched the entire video. I can see how someone could believe that information. I personally think it is a shame that videos like this are out there. Like many others like it, the video points out things that are wrong with science without explaining how they can still come to the theories they do. This video will do wonders for people who are interested in science and still want to believe in creation, the only problem is it will keep them ignorant to the actual scientific methodology used today.

The other problem is making statements about the flood and expecting it to be considered in science is impossible. First there is not any evidence of a flood and it has been looked for, you can’t say… "Suppose the flood happened how would this change things." Not to mention geological strata is always considered when dating fossils.

For a very rudimentary example, the Grand Canyon, how long do you think that took to be carved out? If you say god did it I assume it could have been done instantly, but if you think water did it, which it more than likely did, it would have taken a very long time. If we went by the biblical timeline, each decade the canyon would get drastically deeper.

When you do research and read about the scientists that are doing it. More often than not, they have formal religious training or a very Christian themselves and are trying to find ways to disprove science, without actually proving there theories. We were always told if you see something in front of you someone must have made it, usually we can still figure out how it was made as well. These religious scientists to prove there side, not just point out some already realized issues in the majority of the scientific world.

• looseend
    looseend

Superfine thanks for covering the absurd argument about theory of fact. As for brother apostate i posted the same thing one the other thread I am posting here, please stop recommending that video.

In regards to the video Brother Apostate is pedaling, he posted it on one of my treads as well:

BA, I watched the entire video. I can see how someone could believe that information. I personally think it is a shame that videos like this are out there. Like many others like it, the video points out things that are wrong with science without explaining how they can still come to the theories they do. This video will do wonders for people who are interested in science and still want to believe in creation, the only problem is it will keep them ignorant to the actual scientific methodology used today.

The other problem is making statements about the flood and expecting it to be considered in science is impossible. First there is not any evidence of a flood and it has been looked for, you can’t say… "Suppose the flood happened how would this change things." Not to mention geological strata is always considered when dating fossils.

For a very rudimentary example, the Grand Canyon, how long do you think that took to be carved out? If you say god did it I assume it could have been done instantly, but if you think water did it, which it more than likely did, it would have taken a very long time. If we went by the biblical timeline, each decade the canyon would get drastically deeper.

When you do research and read about the scientists that are doing it. More often than not, they have formal religious training or a very Christian themselves and are trying to find ways to disprove science, without actually proving there theories. We were always told if you see something in front of you someone must have made it, usually we can still figure out how it was made as well. These religious scientists to prove there side, not just point out some already realized issues in the majority of the scientific world.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock

serotonin_wraith

Creationist don't assume that is possible to die without nothing after...and they can't cope with this idea. That's why they try to prove that Bible is accuracy. But OF COURSE they can't admit others gods exist like Vishnu, Quetzacoatls and Monster Spaghetti ! (So schoking...)

Reboot a system is maybe to hard for them. I understand now why the Matrix takes place in America...

Cheers everybody.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit