Help!!!

by Priest73 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Priest73
    Priest73

I accidentally threw my favorite wool sweater in the the dryer. Any tips on un-shrinking it? I found some tips on the interwebs
    such at warm water and hair conditioner.
    One site said use a wool friendly detergent, but alas I'm a straight single male, I only have
    what I buy at costco.
    Another option would be to loose some weight -Like 100lbs or donate it to a 5 year old.
    Help?

• carla
    carla

If it really go that small you may be out of luck. You could try re-wetting, lay between two clean towels and roll it up and squeeze to help get some of the water out, do not ring it like a dish rag, then try and stretch the heck out of it pulling evenly at the shoulder & side seams all the way around and up and down, then lay flat to dry. Can't hurt it anymore at this point.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Been there and done that but never knew how to fix it. Hope someone can help you!

• nelly136
    nelly136

if it looks like it would fit one of the cast on 'honey i shrunk the kids' its prolly dead.

• Priest73
    Priest73

Thanks. I tried to stretch it out by putting it on... But it looked like one of those belly shirts that were all the rage last year.
    I may try the wool friendly detergent route. Any suggestions on a wool friendly detergent?

I'll keep you guys posted on this epic tragedy.

• oldflame
    oldflame

Me and wool do not get along with one another, sorry but good luck anyways.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

No idea. Had the same thing happen to me once, and try as I might - the end result was that I threw it away.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Another wasted sheep.

Warlock

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

A bunch of nice clothes I brought at a high class store called K-mart all shrank....lucky for them I don't own dynamite!!

• Priest73
    Priest73

UPDATE. I'm soaking my sweater now. That's going well. It seems to be getting wet. I added a little GAIN, so we'll see what happens next.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit