Need help my computer and page keeps getting hijacked.

by jaguarbass 35 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Hello Homerovah, I just got back from work,

I am using Windows XP

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

jag........... if you can get online long enough.......... go to bleepingcomputer.com there is a list of things to do there...... free stuff to download......... and detailed instructions.......... follow them. eventually they will have you post a Hijack this report and then a true expert will look at the results and tell you EXACTLY what you have and what to do about it.

i had virtuemonde and couldnt get rid of it.............. they fixed me quickly.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Hello Everyone, thanks for your help and suggestions.

At the moment my computer is running better. I just restarted it after working all night then sleeping

I did have my page highjacked when I first turned my computer on. Then I deleted my cookies and temporary files which I did last night also.

It appears some program put something in my cookies or temp files because at the moment I am not getting highjacked.

I did find that something got into my controls and turned my fire wall off. It could have been the original attacker or one of the numerous free anti adware/spyware programs I tried.

I just ran Ad-Aware it didnt find anything. I do have all my info backed up on stand alone hard drives which are hooked up externally and I havent hooked them to this computer since my troubles began.

I suspect, I may have to wipe everything and reinstall windows xp.

In the past month up to getting this plague most of my surfing has been between this page and myspace. I am thinking I caught what ever I have on myspace.

While I am typing this I launched a second yahoo page and it was hijacked.

So that tells me I have something.

If anyone could tell me the steps or processes to wipe my computer and reinstall xp I would appreciate it. Someone already may have and I havent digested it yet, as I had to go to work shortly after posting then I had to sleep, now I have to take care of some business, so I will be comming back here in a couple of hours to try to digest and process the info you all have given me.

Then I will probably wait till the weekend to reinstall xp or try what ever.

But I suspect I have a trogan that goes to work when I start my computer up.

Thanks for all your ideas and help.

Jaguarbass, Rob

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Hi again JAG, just was wondering if you checked your startup programs ?

Yes you could re-install XP but that of course would wipe out all of your files though

Before you do that I would try a system repair which is easy, just insert your XP cd and follow the instructions carefully, that way you will still keep your files intact

Or if you don't feel like purchasing something like Spyware Doctor seach it on a torrent sites and snag a copy of it for free..........I did not tell you this shuush

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Wed Dec 19, 07 Hello Guys. At the moment, for the las 10 minutes my computer has been back to normal.

I uninstalled Mcaffes. I tried Kaprovskys. It kept locking up, it could not complete a scan.

I went and reloaded AVG free edition and AVG spyware.

I found 7 trogan horses and lots of adware. I some of its deleted and some is quaranteened.

I havent been Hijacked for the past 10 minutes. I will come back in a day or so and post further results.

Thanks for everyones help.

Jag

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

bro before you do anything drastic like wipe your drive............. go to bleeping computer .com

they have a list of things to do before you post a thread asking for their help........... they give you links to places to download ALL the free software, and alot of it scans you from the internet.

what they want is for you to follow their instructions so they KNOW that all the EASY stuff has been done before they waste the time on their expert to help you personally.

they will give you detailed instructions and you go a step at a time..... they will tell you which programs to use in safe mode to scan and which ones to disable...................... eventually if those programs dont get rid of everything you have.......... they will tell you EXACTLY what to do.

i was ready to shoot my comp it was such a cluster F***.......... but they got it in one after i did what they wanted and posted my logs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit