A posters sex?

by cluless 22 Replies latest jw friends

• cluless
    cluless

When I have been lurking and reading posts I have oftern assumed a poster was male or female only to discover I had there sex wrong.

Can you recognise a posters sex by there writting style?

• DJK
    DJK

When I have been lurking and reading posts I have oftern assumed a poster was male or female only to discover I had there sex wrong.

Can you recognise a posters sex by there writting style?

Welcome. While I can't tell the sex from writing style; something about writing style may tell me other things.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Well some posters have their gender listed in the side bar that is always a big help. Clues such as husband/wife boyfriend/girlfriend references are somewhat helpful but in general no I don't think you can tell gender by writing style and most people typically are no better than 50:50 at it in controlled tests.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I find many who have female avitars are male and many who have male avitars are female.

Remember they are comming out of a very messed up confused organization and it has affected their heads.

Some of them are still trapped in the tower so they are trying to be undercover.

I kind of suspect the more exoctic the local they claim to post in the closer it is to New Jersey.

This is the internet I wouldnt send anybody money or believe anyone implicitly.

I've been to other secular places on the internet and I dont know the sex or location of who I am talking to either.

• JK666
    JK666

After some of my comments, I think I leave nothing to the imagination.

JK

• JK666
    JK666

cluless,

Welcome to JWD!

Next to the avatar, most of us have gender signage which will help.

JK

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I once tried to flirt with Sixofnine on a thread, based on the avatar pic he had up at the time. It was my most embarrassing moment on this board (and I've had a few).

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

clueless,

your writing style tells me your male, am I correct?

purps

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

Guess which I am?

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

If you know them for a while you figure it out. The idea is so that someone who doesn't can't just pop in and figure out who we all are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit