How many JW's are leaving the the org each year - is the figure rising?

by Must obey! 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Must obey!
    Must obey!

I think I've seen clever posters work out how many leave the organisation each year, or at least stop being 'publishers'. How many have been leaving each year since 2000? Is the number increasing?

How about an alternative annual worldwide report that shows the 'real' picture. This would make a really good tonic to counteract the rather depressing news that JW's have had a 3.1% increase in publishers in 2007.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

It would be interesting to write a letter asking them. I wonder what response they would give.

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

Must Obey

Is your pic from the star trel episode where the robot must Sterilize everthing ?

Anyway, with all the congregation mergers worldwide I think the JWs are leaving in droves especially the younger ones.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

And can we get all apostates here to report thier hours spent helping others out? Then we can calculate the average hours required per DF/DA.

~6000 hours to get a baptism

~4 hours to get a mind out (my guess)

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

This question should be rewritten - how many JW's are leaving the org in their heart each year?

There are doubtless a lot of JW's who know the "truth" is a lie but must remain in for sake of family and friends.

• Dark Lord of the Evil Slave Class
    Dark Lord of the Evil Slave Class

You could glean that information from the Yearbooks, correct? I'm so bad... every year we get them and I barely ever crack them open. My wife (also a Witness) will go through it and tell me some of the encouraging stories, but I can't seem to get in gear and read them.

• oompa
    oompa
    must obey: This would make a really good tonic to counteract the rather depressing news that JW's have had a 3.1% increase in publishers in 2007.

This does not sound to bad....would the birth rate take care of this? I think that has been the main growth in USA for decades.....oompa

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Between 100,000 and 200,000 are unaccounted for each year - baptisms less increase in average publishers. For a detailed analysis of the statistics go to http://www.jwfacts.com/index_files/statistics.htm

The 3.1% is quite an uncustomary jump. I am quite dubious about the statistics being accurate.

• Guest39
    Guest39

I think Must Obey's avatar is a Dalek (sp?) from Dr. Who, if I'm not mistaken.

• sspo
    sspo

Not enough are leaving.

Really 3% increase is approx. 200k.......that's one of the lowest i've seen in many years.

The number being baptized will always be high since the increase comes from primarily children not having a choice.

Eventually as years go by the ones leaving or stop preaching will be higher than those being baptized.

The watchtower will be around for a long time even though we know it's a cult,it still fulfills the spiritual need of many just as many other religions do. Our hope is that the GB will admit they have been wrong all along but i will not hold by breath on that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit