Barb Anderson's proof of her background - pics of GB and more

by Dogpatch 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Luka
    Luka

oh yeah baby, this is a pure gold

alt

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Wow! What a great trip down memory lane this must be. A picture is worth a thousand words. Skeeter

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

When I decided to expose the unethical, unprincipled, and, just plain wrong child sexual abuse policies resolutely held to by those who govern Jehovah’s Witnesses, I knew there was more than a strong probability that my character and integrity would be attacked. Disfellowshipping me in 2002 wasn’t enough to vilify my name to the flock, so rumors were spread.

Sad to say, after the NBC news program, Dateline, aired May 28, 2002, Awake! Editor, Harry Peloyan, told a dear friend on the phone that I was a “Judas.” He also made defamatory remarks about me and Joe to mutual friends in Tampa, Florida, who were as close to us as family, which remarks, they, in turn, spread to others.

Someone unknown to me in Bethel, who knew I worked in the Legal Department for about three months doing research for the Writing Department, was instrumental in putting on the Internet that I broke into the Legal Department and stole child sexual abuse files. In another instance it was said by someone who claimed to be in the know that the GB would never allow a woman to do the research I claimed to do, nor write any articles for the Awake! magazine, therefore, I was a liar.

Although Joe and I have a book made up of about fifty pages of loving words written by Bethel associates, given to us when were leaving there that attests to our character, we chose not to make any of the pages public in 2002. However, when new slanderous remarks began circulating after my appearance on NBC Nightly News last month, it seemed prudent to respond. We were aware that “kill the messenger” is the WTS’s way to respond to any criticism; but, ever hopeful, it was thought that showing such significant court documents along with pictures of JW molesters who once held supervisory positions, on such an important news program could not easily be dismissed by the Witnesses.

(For the record, I provided NBC Nightly News all 5,000 pages of court documents on a digital CD. To satisfy their attorneys, hard copies of all the court documents planned to be used on the program, and othe6 pages that backed up the story, were purchased by the producer directly from the court houses involved. I was very impressed with the thoroughness of the research done by NBC staff. Nothing I said was taken for granted. The interviews were long and tedious. The only documents that NBC could not purchase were the out-of-court settlement papers, which I had originally received by mistake, the ones that were sealed by the court. Apparently, these papers must have appeared authentic to NBC attorneys, and that’s why settlement figures were quoted in the MSNBC, November 21st website article.)

When the personal attacks on me began after the NBC program, I decided to ask Randy Watters to put my response on his Freeminds website. This was done primarily for those who might be investigating our claims of Watchtower wrong-doing in the child abuse issue. It is important to me that people know that contrary to what some are claiming, I wasn’t thrown out of Bethel. I left Bethel with my reputation intact. There is no truth to statements that I left Bethel because I was “disgruntled,” because I didn’t get my way with the Writing Department to have them publish information that I wanted published, etc. After leaving Bethel, I was an outside researcher for the Writing Department until the end of 1996 when I resigned. I was in such good standing with the WT organization that I wrote the cover-series articles found in the November 22, 1994 Awake!. To read more about what happened to cause my departure from the WT organization in 1998, please read, “Discoveries of Barbara Anderson,” found on Randy Watters website.

We wish to thank you for your support and many kind words spoken in our behalf.

Barbara and Joe

• mouthy
    mouthy

(((((((((((((((((((((((BARBARA & JOE)))))))))))))))))))))))

God Bless you both....XX

Grace

• golf2
    golf2

Randy, the person who wrote you that message, has NO class!

Golf

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

Does anyone else feel a little...hmmm, what is right word here...sad...perhaps...at what those letters of love represent to the Andersons? A lifetime of devoted service to Jehovah's "organization", now quickly turned aside, to be labeled as "Judas" because of telling the TRUTH about the so-called "Truth". (I feel the same way when I think about Ray Franz).

Maybe it is hormones, but I am feeling a little teary for you Barbara and Joe. I am sure that you gain strength from the knowledge that what you are doing now is right. I don't know if you still have faith in God but if so, remember, how Jesus was persecuted and reviled without cause, but continued following God's will out of love for us.

Thank you for your courage!

TS

• Quandry
    Quandry

We were aware that “kill the messenger” is the WTS’s way to respond to any criticism; but, ever hopeful, it was thought that showing such significant court documents along with pictures of JW molesters who once held supervisory positions, on such an important news program could not easily be dismissed by the Witnesses.
    Yes, they do have a way with words to discredit, don't they? "'Opposers of our work' have claimed that we were involved with the United Nations," "'Some Associates' have begun to do research into Hebrew and Greek," etc.

That they can change the meaning of "generation" until it absolutely makes no sense and keep followers happy is credit to their skill with words, honed by many years of blustering, backpedaling, and out and out lies. Also, they hire clever lawyers, we can give them that.

Never fear. I am sure that some are beginning to have nagging feelings in the pits of their stomachs. I remember I did when I saw the show about pedophiles. Images stay in the brain, and eventually some CAN begin putting two and two together.

Small chips. Small chips. Little pieces at a time are coming off the shining exterior of the great and powerful Watchtower Organization.

Thank you for your untiring efforts at uncovering the real "truth."

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

On the phone and via e-mail, and even here at JWD, Barbara and I have shared many memories of friends at Bethel.

EVERYTHING we've ever discusses has convinced me that she's as authentic as it gets.

She and Joe are also one of the things that long time JWs and the WTS simply cannot seem to comprehend. Barb and Joe are thinking people who left the WTS and the Witnesses because it is an organization and a religion that simply does not make sense, and that falls apart under intelligent questioning.

Looking at all those memories, the photos and friendships and family - all that had to be left behind - makes me sad. I've got a lot of similar memories and lost friendships. You don't leave something like that lightly. It requires a true crisis of conscience, and it demands that you love truth so much that you can no longer live a lie.

I salute all of those here who have made this choice.

S4

• Farkel
    Farkel

Most folks are missing the point and looking down the wrong rat hole.

IF the Watchtower Corporation was legitimate and transparent and NOT a cult, one would simply call them and ask, "did Barbara Anderson serve at headquarters, was she a researcher, did she serve faithfully, and did she leave honorably?"

No one seems to notice that this is what one would do with any legitimate organization who is open, i.e. transparent. Since the Watchtower speaks for God (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!) a reasonable person would think they would be open and honest (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!) as Jesus said to be. (Let your yes mean yes, he said).

I would be most curious if someone called WT headquarters and inquired about Barb and her work and tenure there. I would expect they would stonewall the query and at least not be honest about her and her time there. Does anyone smell CULT here?

If the Watchtower Corporation cannot or will not tell the truth about a former Bethel member, especially someone as talented as Barb why would anyone put their eternal salvation and lives in their hands?

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit