If there is a God - I'm REALLY PI$$ED at him

by AWAKE&WATCHING 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

To be honest I'm Agnostic {50% - 50%} it's hard to deal with but you have to deal with it. Try to make the best out of it. Maybe I will never find the answers...so why not enjoy life at the moment.

• oompa
    oompa

ME TOO! I don't have a frikkin clue as to what to believe anymore. I see design marvels, but why the hey would any God let such suffering go on? And now that I am not going to live forever in paradise, and never even get old, I have a big question about afterlife.....Isn't that was so much of religion is about? Well the only people who may have an answer are ALL FRIKKIN DEAD!!!! So no religion knows what the He11 they are talking about......................pi$$ed off too..........oompa

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

undecided here as well.

What I am sure about is that I don't believe in the bible. If there is a God it's not the one most of us were taught. Maybe some energy source or something like that. I don't really worry too much about it. I enjoy my time here on earth. I try to make a difference in people's lives. I know many have made a difference in mine. That's how they are eternal. I cannot comprehend how a God would allow such suffering and death, so I guess I'm more inclined towards atheism. Do you really think you have to have faith in order to live better? Why? Because I feel a safety net under me? Can't say that safety net ever came through me. I guess I got used to living without it.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    ATHEISTS - How can you believe that we have no designer or creator as amazing as humans are?

Acceptance of the possibility that we didn't come from a universal being. Then, acceptance of the non-existence of it. I had to let go of what I wanted to be there and accept what IS here NOW. Some people call that outlook "bleak", yet I see it as the most life-loving and appreciating view there is because it is free of borders.

• changeling
    changeling
    We must come to God Yahweh exactly as He prescribed.

I don't like your nit-picky god. Sounds like a narcissist with OCD. You can keep him.

changeling

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I love my JWD family - really you guys absolutely ROCK. I feel a zillion times better just reading these posts. I love you all - even you Obves, although what you said about prayer made little sense. Stick around, someday something might just sink in.

What a lovely bunch of caring folks.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Thank you... and may you all have peace!

I would have to say that Sad Emo and Journey On's positions are closest to correct; however, in the spirit of Prisca and Aquila, I would like to "expound the way of the truth... more accurately" if you and they will permit me.

There are a few reason the Most Holy One of Israel permitted all of us to "go through" the Borg... as well as other religions... the first being so that we, who did not know, would come to know... what "sin" is. Why do we need to know? Because most of us did/do not have the law [of love] written on our hearts and so needed to know what it meant to "transgress" against our brother and/or fellowman. Paul kinda summed it up when he wrote that "so long as an heir is a babe, he is under men in charge."

These "men"... "hired men"... were all charged with our care until such time as we are called and set free... by Christ. Unfortunately, since they are "hired men" and the sheep don't belong to them, they end up "abandoning" us... to the "wolf"... those who seek to strike, scatter and/or devour us. The offspring of vipers... scribes and Pharisees, per se.

Now, this all could have been avoided... IF... we, our parents, the "hired men"... whoever... had LISTENED when God said, "This is my Son; listen TO HIM." IF we had been taught by such "hired men", ACCURATELY, that God does in fact speak to us... even to this day... and HOW He does so... we might not have wasted any time.

We can't blame God, though, because He does speak to us... each and every one of us. Still. Today. At some point, He has spoken to EVERY one of us, starting when we were literal babes, children. The problem is that MOST of us claim, "Well, if He did, I didn't hear Him." That, too, is incorrect. You heard - you didn't exercise FAITH in what you heard. For example, more likely than not, when you (or your parents/ancestors, whoever) went into the Organization, my Lord came to you/them and TOLD you/them, "Don't do it. They may look like me, but they are not me, and you will become bound by them." But you, your parents/ancestors (like me, so please don't think I'm pointing the finger) were most probably persuaded by their "sayings of everlasting life," and talk of "brotherly love," and self-designation of being "the truth." What wonderful things!! But we now know that they had none of those... were none of those... and are none of those, don't we? How much time we could have saved!

But who is to blame for the lost time? Isn't it the that they are NO different than any other "religion?" It is the truth! And why could we see about the others and not them? Because... their "light" was just a little "brighter" than the others. BUT... like the others, their light... was and is FALSE. Religion, ALL of them... is nothing more than a plethora of false "lights" that APPEAR to be true light... but are not. That is because there is only ONE True Light, Christ. And HE is the ONLY One God told us to listen to... and follow. That you, I, parents, ancestors, whoever... CHOSE to follow another/others... is not God's fault: it is our own, truly.

And once we STOP blaming God for OUR choices... and acknowledge that WE didn't do what HE said we should do (and it's all there, in black and white for those who need to see it "in writing"), our journey toward Him, through Christ, can begin. When we acknowledge that HE didn't mislead us... but the "false christs" that His Son WARNED US NOT TO LISTEN TO AND FOLLOW (but we did!)... misled us... but that we no longer wish to BE misled... then our journey toward Him, through Christ, can begin.

Once WE... start taking RESPONSIBILITY for our SEPARATION FROM GOD... and being PERSONALLY accountable for NOT listening to whom He told us to listen to... and for doing what He warned us not to do... and leave off from blaming God for it... then our journey toward Him, through Christ, can begin.

Once WE... STOP being like "Ad-ham" and blaming everybody but ourselves ("the woman... you gave me... she, you, he... did it") but TURN AROUND and walk toward God... by following Christ... rather than following those He TOLD us not to follow (those who misled us, but who we don't seem to want to blame as much as we want to blame God)... who themselves are following our ADVERSARY (who we also seem to have a problem blaming, but not God)... then our TRUE life's journey can begin.

THEN... we will KNOW who we are... and why we are here... and we won't need ANYONE to teach us... because the very essense of what we are... extensions of the LIFE FORCE of God... HOLY SPIRIT... will itself teach us. And by means of it, that Spirit, we will, all of us, come to know God, hear God, see God... indeed be WITH God... for God will be WITH us... by means of dwelling IN us.

Dear ones, rather than bemoaning the fact that we were misled, we should be rejoicing that... unlike those who are still enslaved... we... are FREE... at least from that "hired man"... however it is that we became free. But now what? We're free from them, true. But many of us, accustomed as we are to a life of slavery... and the mentality of slaves (i.e., self-loathing/hatred that translates into loathing and hatred of others, particularly those who disagree with them or are not of their "sort"), have only allowed ourselves to become re-enslaved: to more religion, to anger, to hatred, to blame, to fear... to anything and everything that keeps us from living in the Light of God, Christ, and having him live... in us.

Many of us have indeed shaken that Organization... only to take on even worse judgmentalness, unforgiviness, lack of mercy... and LACK OF FAITH... than we possessed when we were among them.

May you have ears to hear, if you so wish it, and, again, I bid you all peace.

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace!

Unfortunately, I have to say that your comments (below) are totally and completely false, and border on blasphemy against the Holy Spirit:

God doesn' t answer the prayers of people who are in the false religions.

While it is true that one must "separate.... and quit touching the unclean thing" before God takes them in, there are people "in... false religions" whose prayers are in fact answered. I am one such person: it was while I was in the Borg that I asked God to send His Son to me, and it was while I was in the Borg that He answered and did so. Truly I say to you, by means of the spirit of God that is in me, holy Spirit, that it was His Son... who led me out, as a result of such prayer. John 10:1-5

He would be otherwise approving such religions which is impossible

Again, you are in error. Answering a sincere prayer, from one whose heart if pure (i.e., void of deceit) isn't a sanction of religion. It is mercy.

God listens to the prayers of his people . God doesn't listen to sinners

God's people, dear one, are sinners. Every one of them. If we were righteous, we would have no need of a saviour. That is why my Lord is recorded to say that he came to call sinners, not righteous people. Why? Because... the [truly] righteous... have no NEED of salvation. Indeed, such ones can save themselves, can they not, for they are without sin, yes? I ask you, who of us is without sin?

I know, I know, you will respond as most in religion do, following the misleading of Paul... that we are now "without sin" having been washed clean in the blood of the Lamb. However, I say to you that (1) if you have not PARTAKEN of the blood of the Lamb, then you have not benefitted from such cleansing... and (2) even if you have partaken, your sins are not obliterated; they are simply "covered over"... so that if you turn away from him, they are again revealed. Our sins are not gone... until our flesh, in which sin "resides"... is gone... and we are given WHITE "robes"... spirit bodies... that are FREE from sin... and death.

My point? It is in fact sinners that God DOES listen to. It is sinners that my Lord hung out with. It is sinners... that he called... and still calls... and chooses. Because such ones have righteousness ATTRIBUTED to them... NOT because of a lack of SIN... because of a possession... of FAITH. Because it is by FAITH... that we are declared "righteous."

I do not read much of what you write, for obvious reasons, but in this thing, I must ask you to rethink your position, first, due to your potential blasphemy: you are declaring God and the Holy Spirit to be unrighteous, in that you intimate that they require us to be righteous in order for our prayers to be heard, which error can, potentially, cause those who wish to approach God through Christ refrain from doing so, particularly when they need to, conduct that caused my Lord to ask the early Pharisees who was going to save them from Gehenna for the very same thing.

Second, because what you are saying is the same that ALL of the scribes and Pharisees who've come before you said to those who do not belong to them: you are not "worthy" to speak to God and God will not condescend to speak to you. This is lie. So long as the one approaching does so out of a pure heart (again, no deception) and goes through Christ... the only One who IS worthy to speak to God (and who will do so, indeed he will plead for us, if we need him to)... God will NOT be so unrighteous as to not hear.

ANYONE can approach God, no matter their sin OR their religion... so long as they do it out of a pure heart and through Joseph, the One appointed BY... Pharaoh... to speak for us to Him... and to us on His behalf. That is why he is CALLED... the Word of God.

Do we pray to Christ? No. We SPEAK to Christ, and give our prayers to God. However, we SUBMIT such prayers... THROUGH Christ... who, as our High Priest, takes them before the Most Holy of Israel, on our behalf. Indeed, there is NO OTHER WAY. If we try and speak directly to the Most Holy of Israel, if we try to 'enter' without going through the Door... Christ... we are considered thieves... and plunderers... and as having broken into another's "house"... entered without permission or authority. In which case, not only will our prayers go unheard... but we will be tossed out.

Thankfully, the Most Holy One of Israel is not so unmerciful, so unkind, so unloving, as to restrict us from every trying to enter again; we can always try to enter... but we'll only be successful if we do so... through Christ.

May you have ears to hear.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Believer:

Just shows you how persuasive the Witnesses are. Though I believe in God (be it jesus / buddah / allah / whomever) I don't believe he directs every aspect of our lives. The Witnesses knocked at your door because that is what they do, you wanted answers and they gave them too you. Yes you were already on your right path - only you know what you need.

I think to myself that I"ve wasted so many years being deceived, however I wouldn't be the person I am today if I hadn't been in that faith - I like who I am today & I have learnt to really appreciate my own reasoning powers, my own mind and have found so much joy in that.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I've been looking back at some of my earlier posts since my JWD anniversary is coming up soon. This one caught my eye so I read it over to see if I feel any differently.

I am undecided and content to be so. I no longer feel like I must figure it out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit