2008 and still no Armagedon!!! I feel like I made an "Ass of myself"

by Witness 007 43 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yes sitting in Pizza Hut in 1991 a small Band of Pioneer brothers {me and friend's} debated when Armagedon would come. Due to the "generations" doctrine, we calculated 2001 at the latest...then the doctrine was dropped!!! Recently the last World War 1 vetran died in Australia. He was 17 in 1916. Like Rutherford when I heard this I realized "I have made an Ass out of myself" regarding the generation doctrine. 2008 and no sign of the end.....better start planning for the future in this system of things I guess. I'm very pissed off.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Don't worry, you could take some of OBVES' medication and then you could shake off any number of failed armageddons in your stride.

...in all seriousness, these guys fooled a lot of smart people.

• Rooster
    Rooster

That is how I felt in 1979 when the great tribulation didn't start cumulating with Armageddon.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

Well - Russel probably felt he had made an ass of himself too, in January 1915 when Armageddon hadn't come yet, but after that minor setback he brushed it off and had a helping of New Lightâ„¢ telling him it was to be during 1915. Then another helping of New Lightâ„¢ showed him that no - it was just that the invisible coming of Christ hadn't happened in 1874 after all, but did happen in 1914. And so on.

So basically - when the predictions you believe in give you lemons, you make lemonade. We can't let these minor setbacks - like being completely wrong several times despite being God's only channel - get us down. Get back on the horse.

• Gopher
    Gopher

They have Pizza Hut restaurants in Australia too? Cool.

You discussed serious spiritual matters in a Pizza Hut? Give yourself some credit for being so serious about what you believed. Usually when I went out for a meal with friends we talked about things like sports or music.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Welcome to the club.

At least you have enough time to set things straight.

Please don't feel like 'an ass'. We were vulnerable, and were just fooled, plain and somple.

Warlock

• sspo
    sspo

Hang in there buddy, you are not alone. Millions are still being deceived, at least you saw the light.

If you are in your 30th, you still have many years left in this life.

• Steve J
    Steve J

I heard that there's a group in the States led by an ex Seventh Day Adventist who claims to be the Messiah, who believes its coming on 15th December 2007, but then he did predict it would arrive on 15th October too.

I guess he hadn't been made to show obedience to God enough yet by God forcing him to sleep with all the virgins in his congreation. What torment the poor guy must be going through. Ha! Ha!

At least as JW's we didn't have to force ourselves to do that, did we?

Well, at least not in my congregation.

We aint the only ones who get it wrong then are we?

Steve J

• Superfine Apostate
    Superfine Apostate

i remember - exactly 10 years ago - i told a fellow brother that i don't believe this system of things would last another 5 years. fortunately that system of things indeed didn't last much longer for me.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I remember well those discussions speculating about when Armagedon is coming. There was a basis for speculation when the "generation" light was shinning. But now, there are no reference points that make any meaningless conversation about dates meaningful... er or something

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit