Funerals

by Xena 25 Replies latest jw friends

• teejay
    teejay

Six,

Thanks for re-posting this. We'res the original link? TMS is an excellent writer. He needs to write a book... no joke. Wonderful reading.

tj

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

TeeJay, I agree.

I can't find the original link, fortunately, I had saved the text.

• Tina
    Tina

(((((((xena)))))))))))
    My sincere condolences.
    I've been to many many 'worldly' funerals/services.
    They are much more meaningful and reflect the life of the deceased.
    Many many of them have been so original and moving. The sense of love is felt,NOTHING at all like the 'theocratic' ones.
    At one of my Uncles,they had a violist playing Mozart before everyone shared in the eulogy. Quite beautiful.
    Jw funerals are nothing but cold infomercials for the cult. Disgusting.
    ANyway,again my sincere heartfelt condolences.luv,Tina

Jehovahs Witnesses,Proudly Serving Their Corporate Masters!

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Sunspot:
    I posted my experience under the thread: Me And Funerals!

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• Judith
    Judith

Hi Xena. Sorry for your loss.

I attended a few Witness funerals and I had that same embarrassing feeling during the service. Yes, it was all about a witness the the non-witnesses.

My daughter-in-law died on September 16, 2001 after an 8 month battle with leukemia. She died on her 28th birthday.

The funeral was the most caring, special one I have ever been to. We set up tables of white linens and placed all of her accomplishments on these tables for everyone to see what a special person Robyn was. There was no religious service. Friends and family chose to speak about Robyn and their love for her. Since this was Robyn's last big event, we made it as special as she was. We decorated to the hilt. Took us 5 days of many people to get it just right. So many people commented that it was the most beautiful funeral because of the love and words of feelings about Robyn. They also mentioned the non-religious nature of the proceedings and were somehow amazed that it was so beautiful.

My son and his wife were agnostic and Robyn made her feelings known that she would not want a religious funeral. My son has since told me that he is now heading towards atheism since the death of his wife. He was never baptized and was only attending meetings for 5 years. He also commented that many people turn to religion for their comfort when someone dies but he doesn't feel that way. He feels less so now that he lost someone he so deeply loves. Says he is more sure that there is nothing out there. That you live and then you die so live to the fullest while you are still here.

I was still attending meetings at the hall when Robyn died. One witness couple came to the funeral where there were over 400 non witnesses. Great show of support for the witnesses - NOT. Several witnesses sent cards to my son with all the propaganda about death and resurrection which disgusted him because they sent reams of stuff instead of some well chosen words which he would have read. And they couldn't come to the funeral but they could count their time in sending a witness. (vomit)

• Xena
    Xena

thank ya'll all for writing and sharing your experiences with me!

Funny I have no idea now what I would do for a funeral...I have no established religions beliefs anymore. lol this board is the closest thing I have to a religion anymore....hhhmmm who could I have give my funeral talk?

I could ask logical to write some music if he would....ladonna to sing (I wish!)...there are so many great poets on here I wouldn't know who to ask to write something...of course april would have to get up and speak (only nice things april!)

Something to think about

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit