Moles - How do I murder them? Will you be an accessory?

by AK - Jeff 56 Replies latest social physical

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I speak of the furry kind that burrow under my yard and destroy it.

This year in our area they were terrible. I do not lie when I state that nearly every square foot of my front lawn was tunnelled this summer, some of it three and four times after I pressed down the tunnels with my feet and mower. These little bas***** practically destroyed my lawn. In past years we had a moderate amount of activity, but this year it was worse than I have ever seen anywhere.

• I tried pellets to kill the grubs, no effect.
    • I tried poison for the moles themselves, they just ate it and laughed perhaps?
    • I bot one of those pointed, spring loaded, mole killer devices. It was triggered only twice, once it had hair on the tine, but no moles died that I could tell.
    • I tried to drown them out with the hose for hours, they would not come out of the holes. My cousin's wife had success with this idea and killed several of them, but my moles just took a sip of fresh water and headed down another tunnel.

I did a Google search, and I found every conceivable trap, poison, electronic device, bobcat urine, that one can imagine. I have no idea if any or all of these methods might/might not work.

Can anyone give advice as to the way that worked for them. HELP!!! I want to murder moles, but don't know how!!!

Jeff

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

1 mole is that amount of substance containing an Avagadro number of elementary particles 6.023 x 10 ^ 23

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

My Black Lab - he hunts them, plays with them and then drops them off at the door as a present Now to figure out a way to keep him from digging holes in the yard, murder is not an option

nj

Edited: He also like to bring the babies in the house (hidden his mouth) and drop them in the toilet

• DJK
    DJK

I have managed to get many using a bucket of water and some bird seed. They don't tread water long.

Poison can be bad. Red and grey squirrels will move the poison from one spot to another. They did this to me recently and left the food where my dog could get. I found it before my dog did.

DJK

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    I have managed to get many using a bucket of water and some bird seed. They don't tread water long.

You dig a hole under a tunnel and use birdseed as bait? Is this the method you used?

Jeff

• Mrs. Witness
    Mrs. Witness

A cat. The little buggers have a highway through my basement and my cat kills them and leaves their little carcasses for me to find.

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

A 12 gauge shotgun and some patience

• onacruse
    onacruse

I've never had to do this myself, but one method used around here is poison gas (I think it's cyanide): You open every hole you can find, toss in a canister, and seal the hole. The gas naturally penetrates through every tunnel...but the trick is that you have to have it come in from every surface opening, or else the critters will find a safe spot where the gas might not reach.

otoh, I do rather like the shotgun approach. LOL

• Priest73
    Priest73

Night vision goggles and a 12 ga shot gun. Atleast It would be fun.

• onacruse
    onacruse

As an aside: I hope I never have bigwilly and Priest73 as neighbors.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit