The Mighty Led Zeppelin Soars Again !!

by flipper 44 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

I know Brent R. had a thread on this yesterday or day before , but in honor of my personal all-time favorite group, I had to write a few things here ! If some of you have seen the u-tube of them performing songs with John Bonham's son Jason on drums , it was an incredible performance ! Watching their expertise on " Stairway to heaven " and " Kashmir " was like being back in high school again, like they never went away ! One couldn't tell they hadn't performed as a group in public for nearly 30 years ! This sentimental old fart Mr. Flipper got a bit misty eyed watching them play " Stairway to Heaven ".

As a teenager I always listened to words carefully in songs, still do, and the words in Stairway , " Yes there are two paths you can go on , but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on. " Awesome . I applied those words to me changing my road I'm traveling in life , by getting away from the witnesses . I have fond memories as a rebellious witness teenager listening to " Black Dog " on my headphones while my elder father glaring at me trying to figure out why I was bopping and rocking to the beat ? If only he knew the lyrics I was listening to, " Say hey mama say the way you move, gonna make you sweat, gonna make you groove. " Rather bland lyrics by todays standards, but back then really " out there ".

I have read the biography of Led Zeppelin, called " Hammer of the God's " . Or is it Thunder ? Either way it was great ! The band was really wild back in the day, the 70's , trashed hotels, had groupies galore , and a never ending stream of drugs and alcohol. . But according to the newspaper the former hard partying guys,all they requested from the concert arena managers backstage was : an ironing board, tea, and coffee . My how sedated we get as we age ! I believe they are 60 or so. But still play great music! I hope they book a tour and hopefully produce a new album with new songs, with Jason Bonham drumming . Time will tell.

So, any of you folks have Zeppelin stories or memories ? My top 5 songs all time from them , approximately are as follows :

1. Stairway to Heaven

2. Babe I'm Gonna Leave You

3. Since I've Been Loving You

4. Dyer Maker

5. Kashmir

So, what about you Led Zeppelin fans ? What are your all-time favorites from them ? I'd enjoy hearing what your faves are ! And , do you think they will cut a new album next year? Or go on tour? Look forward to your opinions . Thanks, Peace out, Mr. Flipper LONG LIVE THE ZEP !!

• Mrs. Witness
    Mrs. Witness

Oh, man, where to start? How about the entire Physical Graffit album? And all of Houses of the Holy? Not to mention Zep I, II & III...IV was over played in my opinion. Gotta love 'em!

• JK666
    JK666

I got to see the Page/Plant reunion tour in 1995, it was awesome! They had the Indy Philharmonic and a large band from Egypt playing with them that filled up the entire basketball court in the stadium. They even had a professor of music play a solo on the Hurdy Gurdy during the concert. I would love to see them again.

I like the songs that you mentioned, and would add Gallows Pole.

JK

• Mrs. Witness
    Mrs. Witness

I saw the Page/Plant show, too! I always thought that girls who cried over bands were silly, but I was moved to tears! It was AWESOME!

• JeffT
    JeffT

Oh man old memories. I saw Led and Three Dog Night at the Aqua Theater in Seattle in 1967 or maybe 1968 (hey it was a long time ago, and I might have been stoned). And that was a really strange combination of bands to tour together.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Treble Clef..Page& Plant Rocked the House!..John Bonham`s son played Drums..Drums..Treble Clef...................Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I nominate Led Zep for best rock band of all time!

Burn

• Tara
    Tara

I just saw a clip of them on the news yesterday or the day before. They were playing somewhere to a sold out crowd and they still looked and sounded wonderful!

• lawrence
    lawrence

I got a chance to see Zep in 1970. The Boston Garden was swaying, and when the show was over, I dropped a few hits and walked the streets of Boston for a few days screaming to the heavens. Favorite tune - can't have just one...best band ever!

• footstepfollower
    footstepfollower

Zep begins and ends right here for me

Achilles Last Stand

I love that track

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit