Four shot dead in Colorado massacre-because they were Christians

by BurnTheShips 27 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Imagine..............nothing to kill or die for

and no religion too.

Imagine all the people Living life in peace...

It'll happen. I have faith. However, for the present, there are things worth dying for. And killing for. The question becomes, which ones? Burn

• journey-on
    journey-on

Trygon

Meditate on that song for awhile and you'll see that your statement is WAY off. Religion (not spirituality) creates this kind of pain and separation.

Burn the Ships.........Me, too. I agree whole-heartedly with your statements.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Perhaps it's time to stop the lying, and the false teachings. Unfortunately there would be little or no theology left to teach. Especially if you are taught to kill infidels, like your own daughter yesterday here in Canada.

Problem is, who the hell gets to decide whats true and false? Burn

• wednesday
    wednesday
    Problem is, who the hell gets to decide whats true and false?

yes

• journey-on
    journey-on

For Trygon's meditation assignment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxLnIRVVwIM

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I didn't know churches ever kept armed security guards on site. So glad they did. It's scary to think of how much worse this tragedy could have been.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

What's weird is one of the shootings was at New Life Church. This is the church that Ted Haggert founded, then left when it was found out he had hired male prostitutes. I worked whith a guy who went to that church and his wife was an employee of one of the church charities. She got laid off and went off the deep end and shot herself and their two boys. So I went to the funeral (at which Ted Haggert talked). So is that church some kind of vortex of evil, or what? Frankly, the place kind of creped me out, it's just too freakin' big. It's all just kind of strange. I still think about that poor guy, lost his whole family. By the time this had happened he had been laid off (I was laid off two years after him). Money was always tight for them and I know that was one of the problems. He had taken a job on the East Coast, and wasn't around when this happened. I mean, if he had been laid off first, instead of me, this might not have happened. She was mentally ill, so it wasn't the whole reason, but still the whole money thing was a factor. We were in a small group of 4 or 5 people, he had the next cube over. So I found out about it by reading the paper. There was this picture of the family I had seen every day for years. And its in the paper, and it was horrible. I still think about it.

• Satanus
    Satanus

'Problem is, who the hell gets to decide whats true and false?'

Umm, god?

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit