How many Christmas yard ornaments is too many I ask? (New Pictures)

by erynw 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Trygon
    Trygon

erynw, all you need now is a dancing santa and your set.

• erynw
    erynw
    erynw, all you need now is a dancing santa and your set

Hey Trygon, i like your new avatar. BTW, this isn't my house. But a dancing santa would be cool.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

ooooooh how uber fantastic it would be if Dubs knocked on their door to convince them Christmas was pagan.

Man that is some serious christmas spirit going on their - a bit OTT but christmas spirit non the less.

Time to put up me lil white tree - oh for some snow in this hot hot hot land.

• Honesty
    Honesty

The green grass was the first thing I noticed, too.

Most of my yard is still green although I live 1,000 yards from the top of Chilhowee Mountain.

• carla
    carla

There is a Candy Cane Lane not to far from where I live. The neighborhood decorates bigger & better each year then they have a about a week where they invite the public and ask for donations and the donations go to charity. Last year I think it went for a food charity, not sure about this year. They actually raise an incredible amount.

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher
    It looks like K-Mart threw up in their yard

Yes, I have seen many yards like that, since our community also has a contest for decorations. The first year we moved here, all the decorations were lost somewhere in the garage, and I didn't bother putting up any outdoor decs (we were renting the house for a short term until we moved into our real home 6 months later). Every other house on the street was flashing bling bling in a big way. Ours was in total darkness. "Sheesh, people are going to think we are JWs!" we said to ourselves.

I am of the "less is more" philosophy. One well lit with white mini lights Christmas tree in a window, a wreath on the door, maybe some garland and white lights around the balcony. Nothing that moves, is obviously made of plastic, or coloured lights. Classic!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yoww, a michael jackson magnet. I like the way you describe it. Their electrical bill must be enormous. S

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

WOW!!!!

That is just T.A.S......(tacky ass sh*t)

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

one

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

Wow. I didn't even do outside decorations this year. We move to a new house and I don't have a ladder big enough to do the outside lights. Besides, it was 75 degrees outside yesterday. It just doesn't feel very "Christmasy" to me yet. It's supposed to get cold this weekend. Maybe I'll put the reindeer or something out there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit