Double Wow

by mrsjones5 7 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

This relates to my last topic http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/147860/1.ashx and the one prior to that http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/147597/1.ashx

Ok I sent that card. I expected maybe a contact but if it didn't happen that was ok too. The card posted on a Saturday by 3 day mail so I was thinking it would get to where I sent it by Wednesday. Thursday came and my internet access went down and I wasn't able to get to my email until Saturday. I had an email from the person that had posted Thursday, he googled my real name and found my email. So I sent an email back. Saturday and Sunday was nothing but a flurry of emails. I expressed my sympathy of his losing his wife, he expressed his guilt and regret for what happened between us 24 years ago. He had made it clear that if I was free he would want to start a relationship because he had never forgotten me and still cared deeply for me. I'm flattered but I'm so glad I'm not free and even if I were there is still that huge elephant in the room...the watchtower...I can't go back to that.

Sunday night I asked him if we could talk on the phone (yeah silly me I just wanted to hear his voice again) and he said he didn't think that was a good thing because of my standing. I asked what did that mean? He tells me that he has heard that I was disfellowshiped. I told him that wasn't possible because I had never been baptised as a jw. He also said there were rumors of my being an apostate. I said how could I be an apostate if I had never been baptised? He had no answer for that one and agreed to speak by phone. It was a nice conversation until just before we got off the phone and he starts to say "You know the world is going to end." I had no comeback, I didn't want to fight or have a conflict, I really just didn't want to talk about that so all I could say was "Hm or Uh huh".

I like this person now as a friend, he's a really sweet guy. He's going through something terrible with the losing of his wife (it was bad, really bad) and it's all too recent. Thankfully he has two great sons to help him through it and he has his faith (misguided as it is).

Josie

• UU Now
    UU Now

It was kind of you to reach out to him.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Josie...I'm glad you guys were able to get in contact with one another after so many years. If nothing else, hopefully you can continue to grow in your friendship. You may end up helping him so much more as time goes on, not only with helping with the loss of his wife, but maybe to get his freedom from the organization.

babygirl...

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I agree: Double Wow!

This has got to be stressful to you. I hope things turn out well as this develops.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

josie = brilliant, loving

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    If nothing else, hopefully you can continue to grow in your friendship. You may end up helping him so much more as time goes on, not only with helping with the loss of his wife, but maybe to get his freedom from the organization

That's what I want..the friendship, he's such a sweet guy and it's amazing how we almost picked from where everything was dropped 24 years ago (except the romanance part - got hubby for that ). He mentioned to me today that he was not aware that I was not in the "truth" during the period he was disfellowshiped (1984 to 1990, then reinstated) and that if he had known he would have tried to help bring me back. The time period he's talking about, I was discovering for myself the truth of the watchtower. I can't help but think maybe I could have stopped him from going back. That's a big maybe.

Josie

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

It's tricky for all sorts of reasons not least him putting you on the back foot for being apostate etc.coupled with him saying if you were free he'd want you. Now that is one helluva mixed bag of emotions to digest. Does your hubby know? This guy has obviously tasted life outside JWs and chosen in again. And it sounds like he aint found love wherever he's at. I wonder if he really knows where that is. Whatever he does I hope he goes with his heart and whatever you do I hope you don't complicate your own situation. Best wishes.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Hubby knows about the whole thing, he even encouraged me to send the card. As long as boundries are respected there will be no problems. I really think alot of what he said (the wanting back thing) is because of the grief of losing his wife of 23 for years, I didn't take it seriously and have no plans of leaving my husband and running off the California to be with someone that I haven't seen for 24 years.

Josie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit