A JW's Reaction to the Colorado Church Shootings

by fattire5010 16 Replies latest jw friends

• fattire5010
    fattire5010

Just to show you the mindset of the typical JW. I was talking with my mother-in-law who lives only 15 miles from one of the Colorado churches where the shootings took place yesterday. When I expressed my sympathies for the victims and the community, she basically said in a cold-hearted, remorseless way; “What do you expect for Babylon the Great, especially in a church where the priest is a sexual deviant!”

I just couldn’t believe the lack of humanly affection. I was so angered, I proceeded to remind her of the sexual deviancy in their own faith and the recent coverage on NBC Nightly News about the pedophilia cover-up. She of course, in a smart-ass way, stated those media reports are all lies fabricated from Satan’s system of things™.

I want to thank everyone here for exposing the TRUTH about “the truth™” and the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society INCORPORATED. As a former goodie-goodies MS™ who gave several public talks™, I’ve been lurking for sometime, and appreciate JWD and my family for helping to get me closer to telling the WT to eff off. This sham needs to be stopped!

• skyking
    skyking

Stay here long as you find out lots more.

• blondie
    blondie

She must have forgotten the non-jw husband who went to the KH and shot at the elder who had slept with this man's wife and at his wife. It made the news when it happened.

*** w91 11/15 p. 22 par. 15 "An Overseer Must Be . . . Self-Controlled" ***How much harm to the truth has resulted because some elders did not exercise self-control in their dealings with sisters in the congregation! A few years ago, an elder was disfellowshipped because he had committed adultery with a Christian sister whose husband was not a Witness. On the very night that the disfellowshipping of the former elder was announced, the aggrieved husband strode into the Kingdom Hall with a rifle and fired at the two guilty individuals. Neither of them was killed, and he was at once disarmed, but the next day a major newspaper featured on its front page the news of ‘a shooting at a church.’ What reproach that elder’s lack of self-control brought upon the congregation and upon Jehovah’s name!
  • steve2
    steve2

I'm sure not all JWs respond in this cold, heartless way. However, I am never surprised when I hear about some JWs who respond this way. I look at it this way: It's very hard for people without hearts to show heart.

• fattire5010
    fattire5010
    She must have forgotten the non-jw husband who went to the KH and shot at the elder who had slept with this man's wife and at his wife. It made the news when it happened.

Exactly...had the same thing occured at a KH, my God it would have been the worst tragedy ever. But because it happened in a church of Christendom™, big deal, who cares.

And you're right Steve, I'm sure many JW's felt bad about what happened. It just sucks that many of them are so self-righteous and hard-hearted that any tragedy involving other God-fearing religions isn't a big deal. It only is a big deal to them when it affects the small circle of the JW world.

• UU Now
    UU Now
    *** w91 11/15 p. 22 par. 15 "An Overseer Must Be . . . Self-Controlled" ***How much harm to the truth has resulted because some elders did not exercise self-control in their dealings with sisters in the congregation! A few years ago, an elder was disfellowshipped because he had committed adultery with a Christian sister whose husband was not a Witness. On the very night that the disfellowshipping of the former elder was announced, the aggrieved husband strode into the Kingdom Hall with a rifle and fired at the two guilty individuals. Neither of them was killed, and he was at once disarmed, but the next day a major newspaper featured on its front page the news of ‘a shooting at a church.’ What reproach that elder’s lack of self-control brought upon the congregation and upon Jehovah’s name!

Bolding mine. Apparently, the the real tragedy in the situation was the "reproach brought upon the congregation and upon Jehovah's name." Not the physical suffering of the two people who were shot. Not the obvious emotional pain of the shooter. Not the grief of the families involved. Not the terror of the people (including children) who must have witnessed the attack. Nope, the real tragedy is that a newspaper printed the story and made the JWs look bad.

• JK666
    JK666

Fattire,

Welcome to JWD!

It is amazing how the double standard of the JW mindset is. When something like that happens in a Kingdumb Hall, then it is Jehovah's righteous people being persecuted. You can't have it both ways!

Stick around, and look at the "best of" section. Check out the information on the UN scandal, that was the last straw for me.

JK

• undercover
    undercover
    the next day a major newspaper featured on its front page the news of ‘a shooting at a church.’ What reproach that elder’s lack of self-control brought upon the congregation and upon Jehovah’s name!

I notice that Jehovah got second billing...again

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Welcome Fattire5010.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I want to thank everyone here for exposing the TRUTH about “the truth™” and the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society INCORPORATED. As a former goodie-goodies MS™ who gave several public talks™, I’ve been lurking for sometime, and appreciate JWD and my family for helping to get me closer to telling the WT to eff off. This sham needs to be stopped!

With all the drama recently, what a great post to remind us of the good we do just by letting the world know that there's life after the borg. Real life!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit