2008 study WT will be confiscated from non-publishers

by mac n cheese 59 Replies latest watchtower bible

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

is the jw.org site going to have both the public and study copy available?

from what i see your account has to be set up by an "account administrator" i'm assuming an elder at your local hall?

so if i'm understanding correctly this site will not be available to the general public.

• grassyknoll07
    grassyknoll07

All kingdom hall attendance is by invitation only. Obviously, everyone is invited. But if you disrupt the peace, your invitation will be revoked. All halls are private property. This is true for most building and homes. If you disturb the peace in a business, the owner has a right to remove you. The only building where you have a "right" to "demonstrate" are government buildings and public parks. Even then, you may need a permit. Sounds like the hall has experience past problems. I assume the sign was posted to remind visitors they are there by invitation.

• grassyknoll07
    grassyknoll07

The letter didn't say you will need a username and password to download media files. Actually, the log-in page has been moved to allow for the front-page to be visible without logging in. You will be able to download without a username and password. The letter didn't say the two editions would be 'split'. All indications are they will be available. Otherwise we would have received instructions on how to obtain the Study edition. Well see in a few weeks.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I saw the letter on the kingdom Hall notice board a while back . It said clearly that publishers are expected to order a study copy only, but interested ones could have one on request. It did not mention the disfellowshipped, who can have a copy from the desk, I guess they can have one too if they attend .

Btw, The Literature Servant does not usually distribute the mags...

• xjwms
    xjwms

Child-ish

are you kidding me?? the wt is acting like children

and are the Adults putting up with this?

bunch of stupid kids.

• minimus
    minimus

This thread does not seem too weird to me. If they have limited mags for those that are attending, I could see that they want them back so that they don't give them all away. Plus, I do believe they are always trying to control who sees the new special version of WT. They know they can't stop people from reading the rags or the Flock book or the OKMs but they do want to make things difficult. The less easy it is to butcher the logic of the publications, the greater the Organization's control or attempt of control will be.

• xjwms
    xjwms

Minimus

O Kay I can see you point

I don't get the idea of double mags one for public & one for dubs

????

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Well that's not going to do any good. It isn't interested ones that are passing on the literature and meeting information. It's people who are attending, supposedly in good standing...

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

all I can say is, I went to meeting last night and there were plenty of spare copies of the Study Edition- they are not confiscating any in our hall - the exact opposite - the yare handing them out to non-baptized people

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch
    all I can say is, I went to meeting last night and there were plenty of spare copies of the Study Edition- they are not confiscating any in our hall -

And this is exactly the same at the cong I'm condemned to go to. I'm pretty close to the magazine servant who I asked specifically and he told he me was not told any such thing as to confiscate the study editions after meetings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit