I'm such a dork!

by bikerchic 18 Replies latest jw friends

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Okay pile on...... I' know I'm going to get laughed at with this one!

Ever have one of those times where your brain just doesn't kick in? Me, I sitting here wondering why I've made out a check to BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS magazine for a subscription when I have not one but two GOOD HOUSEKEEPING magazines coming to my house one in my name and one in hubbies name.

Okay I know everyone sees the difference, but NOT ME!

So I call, no first I go to the website of Better Homes and Garden and keep entering my name and customer number in the little boxes....for cripes sake why won't it take the number I'm reading right off the two Good Housekeeping magazines and entering first my # then that won't work so I again try hubbies #, that doesn't work so I get this screen with a phone number to call.......silly me!

Here's where it gets really embarrassing.....As the poor lady on the other end of my mess.....keeps asking me for my account # which I keep giving her, first mine then hubbies.....she says I see the account number as being ------yep that's the one on the Better Homes and Garden's bill, silly me. Okay then it hits me, umm wrong company! Grrrrrrr!!! I laugh, she sorta laughs (ikes) she must think I'm a weirdo!

Still I need to get Good Housekeeping from sending me two magazines so off I trod to their website, find the phone # talk to a very nice lady who combines both subscriptions to one and that extends it for a time and we will only be getting ONE magazine now. Whew! As I was doing all this on the phone their prompters are just like BHandG's......same Hearst Publishing Company. Yeah I guess they had a good laugh too!

• poppers
    poppers

Don't worry, biker, we all do dumb things from time to time. It just gives other people something to talk about. Being able to laugh at yourself is a good thing. I remember when I was quite young I had a job at a store to assemble bicycles, something I had never done before. I congratulated myself when I got through despite something not seeming quite right. It turned out I had the handlebars of all the bikes put on backwards! My fellow employees got a good laugh and I learned a lesson about being more attentive to whatever task was at hand. Laughing at myself was a key in learning my lesson.

• onacruse
    onacruse

bkierchic bonkerschic doesn't know this, but last month I had the same problem with my Playboy and Penthouse subscriptions.

I'm now getting three of each.

• dinah
    dinah

Bikerchic,

I call that a brain fart. We all have them, doesn't make ya ditsy.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I call that a brain fart. We all have them, doesn't make ya ditsy.

Awe dinah.....I'm having way too many of them lately. I was laughing with the YOUNG lady on the phone and telling her (more trying to explain why) that when your my age these things happen and to start taking your Ginko now to prevent being like me! She was laughing!

I've heard it's not just that you forget where you put your keys it's when you forget you have a car! Well I'm not quite that bad, yet!

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

bkierchic doesn't know this, but last month I had the same problem with my Playboy and Penthouse subscriptions.

I'm now getting three of each.

Oh geez......you can't even spell how ya gunna read those mags?

• onacruse
    onacruse

I corrected my spelling...though my hands are a little sticky, so I may have made a mistake.

• bikerchic
  • nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Oh geez......you can't even spell how ya gunna read those mags?

I doubt he gets them for the articles. It's for the unique photography, to be sure.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I'm a dork too. I was taking pictures today at my shop ( a co-op of 20 shops). We had Santa, I was dressed as Mrs. Santa (can you imagine - an ex-jw dressing as Mrs. Claus). We were taking pictures of the kids with Santa. Anyway, I went to print some pictures from the digital camera and I can't figure out why it won't work. I had never actually printed directly from camera to printer, so I thought I didn't know which button to push. I asked the elf, and then I realized there were two cords (both just alike). My cord was pluged into my camera, but not into the printer. DUH!!!! Little elf girl just looked at me like I was a comple idiot. Grrrr. Anyway, other than that, it was a lot of fun.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit