Are we in some sort of "LAST DAYS"?

by Open mind 31 Replies latest social current

• Mary
    Mary
    Are we in some sort of "LAST DAYS"?

Yes, hopefully, the last days of the Watchtower Society.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

I also thought the "IMO" was kinda funny after that rousing call to action.

BTW, you didn't really mean these guys did you?

LOL, no I did not mean those guys. The IMO I added due to the quick death I would incur from those who believe we do need to be saved from "above".

• metatron
    metatron

Read my post, "A Radical Future Without Armageddon"

metatron

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

We are going to shift to a higher consciousness or we will perish as a species.

We must learn to love as love is meant to expressed , unconditionally because it is our nature not because it is mandated by an outmoded paradigm of thought/behavior.

The motivation that comes from respect and devotion to honesty will need to be the norm rather than the exception.

The world is getting better it is not "ending"

We must all do our part to be loving and generous with the gifts given by our creator. The delusion that we are separate in some way is going to pass.

All will see the connection , it is inevitable.

Bless you all . Love will save us from ourselves.

• Open mind
    Open mind

metatron:

Thanks for the heads-up. Here's the link for any who care to look.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/148157/1.ashx

Excellent tangent to this thread!

blueviceroy:

Beautiful thoughts.

BTW, what's your latest avatar mean?

Open Mind

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I remember the Scientific Doomsday Prophecies of everybody starving because of over population.

Now human fertility is in decline, and the population will peak at BILLIONS LESS(!) than originally expected.

Nature, DNA and the mysterious "something" ensures change happens at the right rate.

It is never as bad as you think. Only as bad as the Cults want you to think.

HB

• 4mylove
    4mylove

I don't know how else to put it, but biblical or not, I just don't think we are living in very apocolyptic times. There is still so much beauty on this earth. For proof, smell a baby's head. Go to gardens in your area. Look up the positive of our rainforests. After talking to may grandmothers in the past i know that today's issues are the same of their hey days, just more magnified due to the media.

Go play outside after a good rain. Take a hike....literallly. I think part of our world's society and especially here in the states, we live with the idea of what we don't have and need to acquire. It shouldn't take "things" to make you happy, and the world isn't going to end because you don't have them.

I know the flip side to this is that there is so much going on in the world but, think back to Vietnam, WW1, WWII, The depression, those were hard times. I know that something along those lines could happen at the drop of a hat, but hey, it's not going to matter if you wanted to be a good person, be one now.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Yeah, just not seeing "last days". Lots of changes, all the time changes. But no "end".

Until the asteroid strike, of course.

Dave

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Uh, Nvr?.....

I've got a little confession to make.

A lot of times when you cut and paste a big article I just glaze over and skip to the bottom.

But Liberty's praise of that article got me to go back up and slog through it.

Dang dude!! That article was well worth the read!

Hey everybody!! If your a "cut and paste" skipper, (like me) go back up and have a read.

Thanks Nvr.

And, maybe, I'll read a little bit more in the future. Who knows maybe I'll even start liking.................... POLITICS! Ewwww.

Open Mind

p.s. We're still on for a beer someday, right Bro?

I only cut and paste good stuff, Om.

LOL!

As for politics, it's not about liking or disliking it, it's about participating in the world around us, no matter how futile it seems.

And yes, beer is the answer.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

yes we are in the last days of 2007, I predict the end will come December 31, thank you, now I can call all of you Worldly's Witnesses! Collection box is located at each exit, thank you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit