Sharing the 'real' truth by commenting at meetings

by skeeder 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• freeme
    freeme
    True, when your giving a talk you look down and know 3 people are listening, 16 people are really bored, 5 MTS boys think they could be doing a way better job, all the elders are up the back sorting out the cleaning roster, theres 12 women out the back with all the kids, 8 people cant hear you because they have lost their hearing, 4 couples are still getting over there argument, 55 others are working out how to pay there bills and what color carpet to buy and two teenagers want to shag and cant stop looking at each other!!

perfect description of all congregations i was in ever. nothing to add.

• JCanon
    JCanon
    There is no doubt in my mind that this all goes over the head of almost everyone in attendance but-------------------------What if it causes ONE person to think?

Hi Skeeder. I loved this! But BE CAREFUL. Now, more than ever the WTS is watching out for the free thinkers. They already mandated that brothers don't get together to discuss issues without their permission. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if this wasn't a general plan to clamp down on and weed out those who clearly are just going along but who consider the WTS as not fully representing the Bible or are not the spirit-directed FDS-god they make themselves out to be. So they will spot anybody who comments in a way to cause free thinking. You will stick out like a sore thumb.

I will share this from my own experience with something even less benign. But it taught me a lesson about the true nature of the WTS and the consequences of simply checking up behind them. Many many years ago there was a Watchtower study article that was talking about Jesus riding into Jerusalem on a colt. I think the way the WTS mentioned it, they ended up saying he rode in on a she-ass. It was just a technical error. Being ME, reading between every line, I noticed the error. So I wrote the WTS about it. They sent me a letter back, acknowledging the error and instructed me to 'CORRECT YOUR OWN PERSONAL COPY." Oops! I got that message! I got the idea they were not that happy about it but also were not in the least bit interested in correcting it. I shared it with my book study conductor who likewise had a negative attitude about it. Obviously they didn't like it that I had seen this error maybe, and they hadn't, and were not happy I was sharing my letter with others to correct their personal copies. So by doing something correct, trying to correct an error someone else made, I paid the penalty. So even though I was perfectly correct, after you do something like that, it's like you're marked.

IT'S HARD TO KEEP A STRAIGHT FACE: I know the temptation, however. I'm disfellowshipped right now. I dissociated years ago, but then moved to an area where people didn't know me. So, of course, the witnesses come by. I usually accept some literature and smile. But of course, if you talk too much, they will ask, "Have you ever studied with JWs?" or something. I didn't want to lie. Plus they can tell an APOSTATE from a mile away. Still I wanted to have some fun. So when a young adult brother came by, probably a ministerial servant or a pioneer, I took the risk and pretended I was curious about something and what did he think? Knowing full well, of course, that in the process of his inquiry he'd end up seeing the "discrepancy." But it was basic. It wasn't much, just the question as to how it could be that Jesus was impaled at the "third hour" and yet his trial was at the "sixth hour". How did that work? [I'm even now ROLF!!!! when I think about it.] You know, I did my best acting, wondering if Jehovah's witnesses had an "answer" to this question that was bothering me? I'll spare you the details. The point is, though, it was pins and needles because I realized it was too hard to express too much Bible knowledge and be effective in a doctrinal challenge to the WTS and not be spotted immediately as an APOSTATE. So as fun as it was, it was difficult. And as I noted, once you do make some people think and you cause a disruption, you'll be MARKED for sure.

But seeing as you probably can't resist, there is one other thing you can bring up and pretend it's JUST A QUESTION: Just ask an elder or bring it up at the meeting as to "Where did the Jews come from who were deported in year 23 of Nebuchadnezzar?" (Jer. 52:30) JWs need to have the land completely desolated by month 7 of 607 BCE for the 70 years to be fulfilled. But there was a 23rd year deportation, so, where did these people come from? It's not even important that YOU know. The fun is they will have to research it and as they do, they will realize there were still people in the land up through the 23rd year. That means the 70 years and 607 BCE can't be right. It will get them to think. And if you don't know the answer then maybe they won't think you're such an "apostate." Be prepared to ACCEPT any answer they bloww you off with without arguing your point. You would have done the damage once you ask the question.

Have FUN! But free thinkers and people asking questions that don't have answers are going to be marked and weeded out. The WTS knows people like you/us are in the congregations now. They are closing the ranks between the "true witnesses" and potential apostates.

:> Thanks for sharing.

JCanon

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Skeeder,

I like your moxie.

I also like your call name.

Skeeter

• Hermano
    Hermano

I think it's a great idea. You are right, you might just make one person think.

• changeling
    changeling

I can't believe I'm saying this but I agree with JCannon's advise to be careful. LOL

You could get in some big trouble if your comments are monitored by a suspicious elder.

changeling

• bite me
    bite me

speaking at church is a privlege? since when? When you want to comment on the word of the lord it is a given right. I was visiting one hall, and one person who had a disability was still able to talk and he knew the answer to all the questions being giving and yet they would look over him. And their reason was they didn't see his hand. BS! he was right in the front row and the keep picking the people around him. Not very fair or right for him.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Yeah, be ginger if you hope to remain there for a while (dunno about your situation)....

It's so pathetic that even commenting is a rationed "privilege". How completely lame is that?

• Blackboo
    Blackboo

I thought it was just me but when i was going...i notice many off the wall comments by certain men in my congregation..when i would look around..i sense a feeling of discomfort in peoples faces..like i cant believe he saying this..then one brother ended the meeting in prayer by saying Jesus was his lord and savior! Not Jehovah! U gotta have BIG balls to do that..im sure your gonna get questioned by the elders...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit