I missed this important thread as I haven't been online for a couple of days. I'm looking forward to reading what you wrote in your abstract to the 'community editor'.
Why we are so interested in this subject and anything to do with the WTS, even after we have "left" it, is difficult for most outsiders to understand.
My reasons echo what many have already said that:
1. this religion teaches its followers that they alone have God's spirit giving them sole understanding of the Bible and it is directing their activities in preaching.
2. this religion has such an invisible hold on its people, to the point where they will sacrifice their lives and the lives of their children in the name of obeying God's command affecting blood tranfusions and staying neutral in governmental politics.
3. by becoming an NGO associated with the DPI, it broken its own long-taught and current belief that it and its members should have nothing to do with goverments and the UN because it is something disgusting to God and will be destroyed by Him.
4. it's hypocrisy in becoming an NGO associated with the DPI, needs to be known to its members and the public because this is another example of how they keep that hypocrisy secret.
5. because of the hold they have on their members, speaking out against the WTS keeps many members "in bondage" by the threat of disfellowshipment which breaks apart families through shunning.
These facts need to be known to the public because the JWs go to the public to find new members who are NOT given the whole picture of this religion and therefore can not make an informed decision about joining it or not, because the JWs teaching them are generally uninformed of the hypocricies themselves.
The public has the right to know the truth about his hypocritical and controlling religion, and the media has the duty to inform them of these provable facts.
Good luck in your efforts and I thank you for keeping us informed.