Public Talks question

by bite me 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• skeeder
    skeeder

About 2 yrs ago, a speaker was talking about 'the' generation. He said "Brothers; YOUUU are that generation."

I wanted so much to scream, throw red flags and stuff , but being DF, I have no way of knowing if anything was said. I do know that they didn't jerk him off the podium.

S

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I was stopped from giving a talk!

A bit of history first though...I had already had my radical conversion - I knew the witnesses and all they stood for was a lie, my eyes had been opened, I knew I was leaving. The elders had made a pact with me as I had been going to an apostlic church for about a month (their praise and worship BLEW ME AWAY) They said I wasn't to go for 2 months, and I was to ask any questions and they would provide someone to study with me. I agreed, my only condition was that we use the bible and ONLY the bible - I didn't want study aids. They agreed. However when it came to the crunch they sent a sister along with a whole trunkfull of study aids..... Afterwards I told her not to come back & I threw the study aids out. On my own I continued to study the word of God ( I had about 6 different versions, a greek bible and dictionary)

They assigned a talk to me - on those that were called to heaven - I designed my talk rather around the point that Christ calls those and being annoined of the spirit...and not around pure 100% witness teaching, but they wouldn't have picked it up.

I get to the hall - ready to give my talk in the main hall - when an elder comes to me and says that my Aunt Jenny said I had gone back on my word and had gone back to the apostolic church ( I hadn't ) I explained that I had kept my word and that I expected to give my talk. They told me that I wasn't going to be giving the talk, but they wouldn't ""split the schools"" as this would cause embaressment to me.........THEY SPLIT THE SCHOOLS.

I had been sitting and crying in my seat since the beginning of the meeting. NOT ONE person came up to me to see if I was okay. When the split the schools - I stood up, shook my head and left - they used to lock the back of the hall and I had to call for an elder to ""just let me outta of this place - I'm sick of it""

So ja I've been stopped

• monophonic
    monophonic

an elder gave a talk supporting higher education at a different kh. the body of elders asked to talk to him right after and asked for his resources. he showed them all the quotes from the wtbts, of days gone by, that supported his talk.

the assemblies parts are usually practiced in front of the DO and CO. well, that's how it went when i was in parts in the 80's. anything the CO and DO saw as off-topic or not in line w/ the propaganda was squashed in those practice sessions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit