Fighting the curse of the face-eating tumour

by Third Eye Open 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Third Eye Open
  • jgnat
    jgnat

It looks like he himself does not attend, but has retained all the beliefs of his Jehovah's Witness mother (now deceased).

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

That is so sad.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I'm sorry, but his mother should have been jailed for child neglect and endangerment a long time ago! Poor guy, I hope they can do the surgery. Lilly

• horrible life
    horrible life

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/147675/1.ashx I posted this on another thread. interesting.

My ex-husbands brother had this disease. About 2/3 of one side of his face was ok, with the exception of some half inch growths. Then, about the start of the corner of his mouth, on the right, it got progressively worse, til the ear on the other side. From the back, he looked normal.

Huge vascular growths, just like this man. But he was also very brain damaged. He never spoke. He would turn toward you, if you said something when you came in the room. His mother and step-father took care of him, until he died, at about age 55. They would get him out of bed and tie hm into a chair, to sit up. He had to be spoon fed. His mom called him her baby. He as the second of 9 children. She would find Dr's to make house calls.

I was there, standing over him, when he passed away, at home He had never been in a hospital that I know of. They called the Funeral Home, and the funeral home brought 2 police officers. THE LAW. The funeral guys brought the gurney into the room, and waited til the policemen got in there. Funeral guys said how sorry they were, and were very respectful. When the policeman got there, they were repulsed and you could hear the intake of air, and an expletive under their breath!!! I was SO mad!! Only myself and his sister were in there, and heard it. We decided to not say anything to anybody. Out of love for my mother-in-law.

They had to stop by the hospital, to get him pronounced dead. When my M-in-L found this out, she insisted that the other sons, followed, and to not let anybody "cut" on her baby. They had a closed casket funeral, she didn't want anybody gawking at her baby either. You could tell, that she wasn't ashamed f him, but didn't want him to be oogled. She was a wonderful lady, but so stooped over, from probably lifting him for years.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Lovelylil, it is only recently that surgeons would even attempt to cut in to these tumors. The surgery itself is life-threatening, and even after removal of the tumor, significant restorative surgery is required. The mother may have been misguided, but also there was very little that could have been done.

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

Wow. I hope they find a cure for this soon. We have a guy at the bus stop that has something like this. I have no idea.... I guess I would want to try the surgery rather than try life like that. But how would I know? I can't even imagine.

• XOCO
    XOCO

a sister sent me an email about this guy and he is going to be featued on the discovery channel tomorrow at 9pm eastern time

here are the links:http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,314869,00.html and http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/12/03/wface103.xml&CMP=ILC-mostviewedbox

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

Why don't they do something about it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit