Is it okay for JW to lie?

by averyniceguy 16 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

follow the societys' example - they've been lying to us about everything.

so yes - it's okay

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Witness sometimes white-wash the truth so you are not getting the full picture...did we say the End would come in 1975??? "Some Witnesses" had that expectation, but since we don't know when Eve was made we don't know for sure...see, by shifting the blame off the Faithful Slave you can twist the truth....many Witnesses thought Armagedon was coming TRUE because the society encouraged them to, untill 1976 when the Eve excuse began to be printed.

NOT LYING BUT NOT TELLING THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!

• BBOARD
    BBOARD

I have had JW's lie straight to my face before about past doctrine or mistakes of their own. They knew they were lying and so did I but they knew that there was nothing that could be done about it and they knew that as well ...

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

Yes.

To cover the Org.

This is the very thing that got me booted.....

V

• JH
    JH

Yes, they may "Not say the truth", so this can be equal to a lie, but not for them.

They call that "Theocratic Warfare"

They will say that Jesus did this too, when people asked questions that was none of their business.

• UU Now
    UU Now
    Yes they may "Not say the truth" so this can be equal to a lie, but not for them.

That's what my mom did, and taught me (and I assume my brothers) to do, to conceal from my non-believing father that we were going door-to-door. He didn't approve of her doing it and he had flat-out forbidden her to take us kids. To defy his "headship" would have been a sin, but to deceive him was just fine.

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

The Aid book said that a lie is decieving or witholding the truth from those "entitled" to it.

Anyone not a Witness is not entitled to truthful information. The Watchtower Socity has a given itself a blank check to lie to its own members as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit