I finally spoke to my parents. Best thing I did.

by ThomasCovenant 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• dawg
    dawg

Great job brother... and there are those on this forum that won't speak out of fear of losing their family, in my case i lost some but gained soem allies... this religion must be removed to the fringes of society

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

This reminds me of a line from my favorite FooFighters song

"There goes my Hero. Watch him as he goes."

• shell69
    shell69

TC; it must feel so good to have had the opportunity to put your point accross,, I am full of admiration for your parents, being able to sit and listen to what you had to say; even though all their dub teaching told them not to listen.

But more that thia I'm so proud that you were able to keep control of the situation, even though you state your self that these things have been making your blood boil!!!

Much regards Shell69. (((((((((((((((((((((((((hugX))))))))))))))))))))

• Happy Harvester
    Happy Harvester
    One thing my mother said was ' Do you want me to leave my religion? Is that what you want?' I said it's up to you of course what you want to believe but I just want you to know why I have left. Being their son I felt I had a right to tell them. I said I know it's not easy to say or listen to but that's the way it is.

That's such a great response.

I'm glad you and your wife insisted on putting family first, and insisted that your parents do the same in this situation, not allowing them to procrastinate dealing with family matters by going out in field circus.

Good for you! I hope the weight on your shoulders and anger continues to abate.

• DoubleVision
    DoubleVision

Hi TC

Thanks for sharing that. I understand your anger TC.

It can drive you " MAD! " ,but don't let it. Thats why I come here.

So I don't go mad.

Hang in there Bro.

DV

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Great to hear your story. I'm new here and found this an inspiration. Wow.

It's obvious you love your parents very much. To go to such length to explain these things, when you could have just said, "we're outta here." Wow.

• steve2
    steve2

I know everyone is different but for me talking to my parents about my reasons for leaving was the best thing for my health and well being I've done.

I am always so pleased when individuals make the decision to talk to their loved ones about their experiences within the organization. Whatever the outcome of your meeting with your parents, your decision to talk to them will be a key event in your life! You have made a healthy stand and quite clearly given your parents important things to think about. Well done.

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

This is awesome, I wish I could have this experience.

So glad for you.

• martinwellborne
    martinwellborne

You were so right on the point that you as their son have a right to be listened to by them. well done.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75
    do you want me to leave my religion?

That's the same response I had when I met with my Parents. I was like, well yeah...

Then they told me that they know the society has made a lot of mistakes, but it is still the best way of life they know and the closest to the "truth" than any other religion teaches.

At least as the JW's like to say "you planted a seed" of doubt with your parents.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit