Should I pay up?

by tsunami_rid3r 19 Replies latest jw friends

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Pay the 5 days rent. You would have to pay any other place where you stayed 5 days over (sometimes for the whole month or two weeks). Yes it is petty. He shouldn't have been allowed to move in early or he should pay 1/2 the 5 days because he was there too, but it's not worth the hassle. Don't pay the fees. He would have to pay those moving in whether you moved out on time or or not. Pay him for his food you ate. Unless he ate some of yours, then forget it. Wireless internet, forget it. He has to pay the same regardless if anyone uses the signal unless you agreed upon sharing in advance.

Cog

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

We have a saying which roughly translates as : Keep the honour to yourself.

You gave your word you'd pay the 5 days rent - so pay them. About the fee's ... well I see no reason other than your word why you should pay them. So if the amount is not too much and you can compensate with the good stuff in the fridge - like Primitive Genius suggested - pay em anyway and learn from the experience. If you decide not to pay the fees tell em why and leave with your head held high.

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

I explained to him today what those fees cover, and he agreed to pay the application fee. He still wants me to pay the administrative fee, his reasoning is because I'm moving out, and he wants me to pay the 5 days which I probably will. I agree with the 5 day rent but also think its unfair because he practically lives here every Friday through Sunday. He also told me that my roommate and him will sue me if I don't pay that. Now when he said, then and there I didn't really feel like paying for anything. I want to move out as soon as possible. I'm scared that they might do something. I will still stay cool and relaxed with a smile. I might just tell them I'm a little aggravated that would do something like that and upset that our friendship has spiraled down to this. That would be all I have to say.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Consider:

A. How much is he asking?

B. Can you afford to pay that amount?

C. How much peace of mind is worth to you, as opposed to worrying about who is slashing your tires right now or who if going to sucker-punch you at the bar.

I think if it were me I'd pay - since I had already agreed to do so - and I would forget about it and resolve to be happier and more successful than him.

Or, you can paint his dog green and start a Hatfield-McCoy-type vendetta.

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

Its $130 that he is asking. I can pay that but I'd rather not because I believe its not right.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I think $130. is a very small price to pay to find out who your real friends are. Pay it. It's worth every cent to be rid of them. Then walk away and congratulate yourself for being mature enough no to join them in their petty drama. Make a mental note to communicate and put into writing all future rental agreements, no matter how close you think you are with the other party (includes family).

Cog

• horrible life
    horrible life

Ask your Landlord tomorrow. They have been through this before. You need their guideance. BUT, why don't you take some of your good stuff to another friends house tonight and tomorrow.

• skyking
    skyking

I have rentals if you are on the lease then you better pay. If you are on the lease get off it. Talk to your landlord. remember if you singed the lease he can go after you if the person that replaces you does not pay. You might not find out for months but as long as your name is no the lease you pay if taken to court.

• horrible life
    horrible life

Check all of the utilities also, to make sure your name is off also. Skyking is right.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius
    He also told me that my roommate and him will sue me if I don't pay that.

ok now thats funny..........

suggestion........... move your good stuff out first............ preferably all your stuff.

pay the 5 days.......... cause you said you would...... for no other reason.

now question......... your on the lease now? he is gonna get on the lease in your place?

speak to the land lord or property manager type person......... find out what you gotta do to get your name off the lease and EVERYTHING else. then do whatever it is.

if $130 is cheaper........ then hell yeah..... if not then screw them.

now.......... is it easier to pay your share of the 5 days rent to the land lord directly or do you guys have to pay the entire month at a time? if you pay it at once then give them a check or money order and write what its for and say adios bitchezzzzzzzzzzzz.

i wouldnt pay a dime more than you had to on principle.

if you have to have this jerks name put on in place of yours.................. and thats the only way you can get out....... then to cover your a$$ might be a good idea. if you dont have to do that........... then tell him to kiss your rosey red a$$.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit