British JWs ignoring the GB.

by dmouse 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Kent
    Kent
    JW Lucy - she who falsely accused her non witness husband of feeding her poisonous sausages - attended the same birthday party as me last Saturday.

Don't you have some bad oysters to feed her?

• anglise
    anglise

Down here in se uk there isnt any relaxation of rules or deviation from wt policy that I have seen.
    Although I did hear a few years ago of elders in wales giving public talks in shock horror 'sandals' and to the person that told us it was noteworthy.

• Latte
    Latte

anglise,

I don't think that I have a problem with anyone wearing sandals on the platform.........just as long as they wear socks with them

I once saw the teaming up of socks and sandals on the ministry...........weird! (especially with short trousers!)

Latte

• anewperson
    anewperson

To ISP: the Gov Body is still the Gov Body which decides doctrines. Only the non-religious stuff went to the management of newly formed corporations.

• patio34
    patio34

In answer to the question, would you go back with a significant change, NO NO NO.

Since many ex-JWs are agnostic/atheist, what would be the point? There are many better ways to spend my time.

Have a great day!!
    Pat

• notsure
    notsure

well i was raised a jw about 25 miles from London.UK and i can honestly say i have never heard of any of these things happening...and although i have been out for 10ys all my family are still "in" and this has never been spoken about...In fact our congregation was rather harsh, as to dress standards, make up and social behaviour.(along with a hundred other things!!!!)

• Englishman
    Englishman

I remember when I moved to the Portsmouth South congregation. I was telling my PO dad of some of the shenannigans that went on there, and he said "Son, it's a different kinda truth that they have over there".

There were lots of married couples playing swapsies there, but,heck, whadya expect in Pompey?

Englishman.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

Rex,
    No bubbles burst here. I suppose time and the history books will tell. One thing, I think you'll agree with me on, I would like to see an end to cults. And I'm glad to see the chokehold of the WTBTS relaxing in Europe.
    Love and Peace,
    Bridgette

• Sirona
    Sirona

Hi Dmouse,

Im in the North of England, in a small town. I havent heard of anything like that here. The young people tend to go out to places they shouldnt, in secret, but apart from that, noone would dare celebrate a birthday! In Manchester City I have heard of things going on that previously wouldnt have been allowed. A woman who moved to our hall from Manchester was counselled immediately on her immodest dress, when in the other congregation she had never been counselled about it.

On the question of would I go back....NEVER.

Sirona

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Germans are famous for their sticking to the letter of the law and I must admit it's true. Germans visiting the US always say that the US brothers are much more liberal. But we also have liberal examples in Europe: coming to a country as close as the Netherlands is always a shock to a German JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit