British JWs ignoring the GB.

by dmouse 40 Replies latest jw friends

• nativenyr23
    nativenyr23

wow. this is an interesting question. Would i go back if the rules were different and if we could question? That's hard to answer....i don't think we'd actually be going BACK....since it would be a different organization completely! I'd see it more as going forward, and i think possibly, yes, i'd go and check it out - without committing to anything though. I'd be vary wary....i'd have to make sure we could ask questions without getting in trouble; and i'd also have issues with why intelligent women couldn't conduct talk #4 in the Ministry School!

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

badwillie, please email me.

Slipnslidemaster:"The average person thinks he isn't."
    - Father Larry Lorenzoni

• nelly136
    nelly136

Nooooo I'd never go back no matter how relaxed they get,
    not even if they stopped the door work cut the meetings down to one a week and paid me for attending.

nelly

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

hahaha nelly, i'm with you on that!

• ISP
    ISP

I am not convinced of this. I guess there can be local variations. But who is the GB these days? The anointed old ones all resigned. In there stead are a multitude of guys on many corporations.

ISP

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Dmouse: Thanks very much for this update. I see that others who have been there, and of course Englishman who lives in the UK confirm your observations. This is excellent! Many years ago, when I was still a Dub, a non-USA JW moved into our congregation. He was an Elder with a beard. The local Elders tried to get him to shave it off before being reappointed, and he told them to jump in the lake, and he beame inactive. Maybe the British are going to help out Americans in more ways than just with anti-terrorists war, but maytbe share more of their culture. We inherited so much good from Great Britain already, so a new and improved JW religion might be what the doctor ordered. Bravo UK!!! - Amazing

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Closer,

Interesting question you ask about would you ever go back if certain things changed. I used to ask that question of Ex-dubs and would get their personal laundry list of what would have to be different before they would go back.

I wouldn't go back for a number of reasons all of which will NEVER change. Two major ones are...

1. The average JW will never be encouraged to have a personal relationship with God, but only a relationship with God through the Society.

2. I cannot tolerate suffering through the EXCRUCIATING BORDUMB of those awful meetings for the sake of *association.* They were so godawfully prepared and delivered. There is nothing inspirational or motivating about them. I would be more spiritually moved by worshipping the local brew at Jan H.'s pub/church in Norway. ;)

The lesson I take from the Bible is God hates organized religion. He destroyed his own "organization" a number of times via the local pagans.

It took me so long and cost me so much emotionally, physically and financially to get out, I have no desire to repeat the experience.
    I've met people who did the "apostate thing" and then went back. They weren't stable people.

"The God that comes before skepticism may bear little resemblence to the God that comes after."

M. Scott Peck (The Road Less Traveled)

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

Hi Bridgette,
    Sorry to burst your bubble. The world is in an ongoing revival that has yet to gather full steam in the western world. Education has nothing to do with it, except that people are starting to see through the nihlistic attitudes, the lie of evolution and the gestapo tactics of the ACLU types. People are sick and tired of fringe special interest groups denying free speech for Christians only. New Age crapola is being seen for the sham it is. People are looking for God and want a solid foundation like the resurrection of Christ to base their eternity on.
    You're seeing the demise and decline of cults, the unrest of Islam and in China, which is caused by conversions to Christianity and the desire for freedom.
    Rex

• Dan B
    Dan B

Hi Cember,

I heard this story about rural Quebec from a CO who served in the Gaspe area. Maybe it was just an isolated case.

Dan

• jw_freethinker
    jw_freethinker

Hey dmouse,

Sorry to cut accross the subject, but I was raised (a JW) in the East Midlands. I no longer live in the UK and am no longer a JW (not DF'd or DA'd).

E-mail me if you wish. We may know some people in common.

jw_freethinker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit