local response to NBC news report

by Mulan 18 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Mulan
    Mulan

My JW friend told me this from the meeting for service last week:

One of the "sisters" told the group that she had spoken to (Dave H*********) one of the bigwigs in this area, about the report. He told her he had been to Monroe prison, nearby, and asked about the pedophiles there and if any of them were JW's. He said "none of them are witnesses". But.............this is rich..............several are disfellowshipped JW's. Duh!!!

Both of us were incredulous over that comment. Everyone felt so vindicated because none of them are witnesses. Unbelievable!

• 5go
    5go

You just got to love legalism.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Mulan,

UNBELIEVABLE!! Nothing like shoving their heads a little further in the sand!!! Denial is an amazing thing!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• alamb
    alamb

They're not in the prisons. They're sitting in the halls grinning.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

They're not in the prisons. They're sitting in the halls grinning. No doubt!!!! GOOD POINT!! Sncerely, Lady Liberty

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

that crazy reasoning again

• free2beme
    free2beme

I heard they are selling blinders, buy one get ten free these days.

• 5go
    5go

I have heard nothing from JW's on it. Though the AT&T settlement just showed up, so maybe it needs some more time.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I don't think you'll ever hear the words from the podium that "Society has paid out millions to people who were molested by elders." Society doesn't want to give anyone else the idea. Too costly.

You may hear, "There are some bad JWs, they don't have Jehovah's spirit, don't fault the Society for their actions."

Skeeter

• bebu
    bebu

I'll bet he said that prisons are also just FULL of Catholic priests too, right?

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit