WTBTS & OSCE etc.

by Kent 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Kent
    Kent

It would be hard for the WTBTS to deny their open connections to OSCE and other political forums.

http://www.jw-georgia.org/eng/rights/00octOSCEHRWF.htm

This link is from an official JW website, and I believe those interested in such connections should take a long and hard look at the Russiand and other JW sites. It seems they are more "open" as to admit, and not least - USE - their UN connections as a tool of the trade.

I have reasons to believe the WTBTS will try to use as defence that "Human Right Issues are non-political" - and as such say the UN connection is really a non-issue. We've seen that already. It seems to be rather clear the connection was originally made to get access to the UN-libraries, as mentioned before on this site; but this later changed into a "phase 2", where they started using these connections in a broader sense.

I'd say using political tools to promote their own fortune, is political. I would also say that appearing in all these "Human Rights" organizations, to claim a right they don't at all want to give their own members.

Check out these pages, folks!

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

I don't see the problem at all here, and as you state yourself, the link is open for everyone to see thru the jw-georgia site. Should one not be able to address various institutions when one is persecuted? But then, you have labelled me a terrorist, so I am sure you will continue your ravings once you see my name.

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

Hey OLD hoppo. If it's all OKAK with you, all this suff.. then why doesn't the Watchtower publicise it in the Watchtower or Awake?

Why don't you call your friends in the Tower and have 'em write it on up, sure... and l;et the whole 6m congregation have a thorough knowledge of "the truth"....

If it's good for them, then all should know. Right?

• outnfree
    outnfree

yes, OldHippie,

I think BibleEx is right!
    Why aren't there positive magazine articles on just what all was accomplished for the JW's by their own leadership at these various political conferences thanks to their UN-bestowed credentials?

outnfree

Par dessus toutes choses, soyez bons. La bonte est ce qui ressemble le plus a Dieu et ce qui desarme le plus les hommes -- Lacordaire

• outnfree
    outnfree

OH, and given how the WTBTS vilifies the internet, how many JWs do you think have researched the JW's own link about the goings on in the former Soviet Georgia?

• outnfree
    outnfree

Kent,

Personally, I feel the Society felt safe posting that report as a link because it is a separate NGO-- Human Rights Without Frontiers -- reporting on the violation of human rights of 2 of the 'friends' in Georgia which is a member of the OSCE.

It really says nothing of the WT's OWN status as an NGO, now, does it?

outnfree

Par dessus toutes choses, soyez bons. La bonte est ce qui ressemble le plus a Dieu et ce qui desarme le plus les hommes -- Lacordaire

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

I couldn't guess anything as to how many Witnesses have checked up on the Georia sites etc., but I can tell that much, that all Witnesses I know of who have Internet have been surfing those sites and the others of the Witness-sites. The book dealers in germany printing books on WWII, the Amnesty sites dealing with Witnesses, you name it - they, and I, have all been there regularly. There is nothing secretive about these sites or these questions. As to what each Witness understands or "sees" of or in this, that's another question. But try pick up any group, or any person, and make a survey as to how much an average person REALLY grasps of what is goin' on, and you are probably bound to be surprised. Why should Witnesses be that exceptionally intelligent? The general world inhabitant is not especially well informed about matters as these. he has more than enough to do in trying to cope, in trying to make it thru the day.

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Kent:

You say:

It seems to be rather clear the connection was originally made to get access to the UN-libraries, as mentioned before on this site; but this later changed into a "phase 2", where they started using these connections in a broader sense.

You sound like the typical Watchtower staff writer, who has a speck of evidence supporting his proposition contrasted with a truckload against:

"Evidently,...yadda, yadda,..."

"All the evidence indicates, ...yadda, yadda, ..."

YOU, Maximus, AlanF, and the others who have completely swallowed hook, line, and sinker the very first casting of the Watchtower's bait, have NO PROOF, nor will you ever, that the "LIBRARY CARD" theory is correct.

Admittedly, neither can I prove that the UNDPI association was just one element of a pre-1991 plan to cozy up to the world's governmental and nongovernmental communities, so as to work their legal, political, etc. systems, so as to gain access to the then newly opening marketplace, i.e. the former communist bloc contries of Eastern Europe.

However, as I have posted, there is plenty of evidence from the internet, that after 1996, the WTS was working the hell out of the NGOS associated with Human Rights issues and those associated with Holocaust issues.

The fact that the evidence trail regarding the association between the WTS and these NGOs seems to start around 1996 CAN be taken to mean that the WTS's "political lobbying" efforts did not evolve until around that time, after they discovered a side-benefit to their UN Library Card. OR, OR, it CAN mean that the Internet was the element in the equation which was evolving, and we don't evidence from pre-1996 due to the fact that it wasn't until after 1996 that most downloading of such material occurred.

We will never know for sure, because the only people who know the facts are the very people who do not want the facts known. As AlanF pointed out in his post yesterday, even Bethel insiders typically know only what is necessary to perform their specific job function. Thus, even if AlanF or Max is talking with an insider, who is to say that that person even knows what really went on for sure themself?

AS I POINTED OUT YESTERDAY, the very BEST EVIDENCE that the "Library Card" theory is a scam is the fact that that explanation is what the WTS wants us to believe.

Since when has the WTS's PR Dept gained so much credibility that we are willing to swallow the very first casting of their bait?

EDIT: The Holocaust Museum didn't open until 1993, so I've edited my comments accordingly.

• JT
    JT

Old Hippie

I don't know if you are just messing with the posters or you are very serious about your views.

It is clear to me that either you have missed the point or don't really want to know what the point is.

The issue is not does the wt belong to this political group or organization,

it is the Sheer Blatant Hypocrisy

If you are a JW as you claim and you have been associated with the org for more than 10yrs- then you should know the basic position that the wt has presented for the past 100yrs on churches trying to get favors from the political system.

Personally I see nothing wrong with it per say , but it is the same as a Preacher condemning the local "HOE" house in town and then it is revealed that he is their #1 customer

He gives the appearance that the HOE House is the work of the devil - yet he is getting as much "Coochie" as he can-

Same with WT They are the ones who use the analogy of religion in the bed with the political systems and how is shows they are not relying on god to help them but instead they are turning to some MANMADE - DEVIL BACKED UNITED NATIONS

I realize that it is very difficult for you to come straight out and condemn the Org

Your years of training at this point prevents you from doing that, but I feel that in time you will for these 2 reasons:

The mere fact that you are here on this site tells me that you don't agree with the FDS- so you are already showing signs that you question their authority to tell you were you can point your browser

and in time this same attitude of yours will merely spread to other areas that you will question as well, perhaps not at this time on the UN issue , but in time it will.

2. Their latest and greatest new DOGMA- "You can't even harbor in your mind different explanations on the bible- other than what they teach"

Now that is a powerful New Dogma for it shows that as a JW one can't even think differently than the WT- complete mind control

So while I don't agree with your position, I'm glad at least unlike most JW you are willing to dialog- and in time the facts against WT simply become so over powering that you will either have to leave this site or be content to try and defend a king with NO CLOTHES

BUT thanks for at least being here

James

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Kent:

You say:

I have reasons to believe the WTBTS will try to use as defence that "Human Right Issues are non-political" - and as such say the UN connection is really a non-issue.

As I have repeatedly tried to make the point, the WTS does have the scriptural authority, as well as responsibility, to respond to abuses of JWs' human rights within the context of the judicial process, or even to request protection by a government's police force.

A "gray area" occurs if and when the WTS starts to lobby elements of the government to adopt favorable legislation. To me, that steps over the line of political neutrality.

HOWEVER, when the WTS starts asking third-party Governments and NGOs to assist them with legislation, etc., then I find NO NT/GS SCRIPTURAL PRECEDENT for such. Such requests of third-parties seems to be evidence that the WTS is no longer relying on Jah, but rather relying on elements of Satan's system to assist them.

Requesting third-party assistance with persecution and other human rights abuses today seems to compare with 1st century Judean Christians petitioning Eqyptian or Frank officials to intercede on their behalf with the Romans.

We SHOULD NOT criticize the WTS's "direct efforts" to help their own. Its when they run to Satan's Governments and NGOs for help, rather than Jah, that they are in conflict with their own teachings and principles.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit