My Story - This is long...

by GetOverIt 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Angela, I can see that what you speak comes straight from your heart. I too speak from My heart. people come to now you by that trait, and can generally trust what you are saying, there's nothing phony about you. In considering your spitiual needs, there are many" FEEL GOOD" churches out there that do teach basic fundamental principals and early christian teachings. Though you speak well from your heart, let common sense lead you to what is GOOD for YOU! Stick around here awhile and you WILL feel good about yourself.

• evita
    evita

Hi Angela and welcome to the board -

Thank you for posting your story - your struggle to find out what meets your spiritual needs is very honest. My parents were non-religious Jews, so when my mom became a JW it was a shock to my system! I was a teenager and forced to participate. Eventually, my brain was "washed" and it took me almost 10 years to get out.

My last assembly was over 20 years ago at the Oakland Coliseum. That was it; I was done for a myriad of reasons. I also began a search to find out where I belonged. Experimented with Judaism, Catholicism, Religious Science, etc....still don't want to join a group and nothing seems to "fit".

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Eva

• martinwellborne
    martinwellborne

Have a happy life

• Pathfinder
    Pathfinder

Thanks

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Hi Angela,

thank you for sharing. I went to an apostolic church for all of 3 months - I don't fit anywhere because I feel the same way as you do - they have their same doctrines and almost same study nights that you have to go and listen to one or two men preaching. For me - you don't have to go to church - the spirit will lead you and like another poster said " you work out your OWN salvation " It's what will work for you.

It's kinda like being on a roller coster, all excited but scarey at the same time, times you want to vomit cos your head is in a spin - At one point when I left I felt like I was going crazy, cos there were just too many voices in my head.

Find your rest, make your peace and enjoy the rest of your life in true freedom & happiness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit