How long did you blame yourself before you realised.......

by jambon1 23 Replies latest jw friends

• somebody
    somebody

Left alone, people will come to know that their spirituality comes from inside, not a works related religion

SO TRUE!!!! How is a JW supposed to even know they are a spiritual being when they feel like a pharisee when they "feel" what the "the Society" instructs them to feel and act how "the Society" instructed them to act? It really is an ACT!

As you said and I agree 100%. Left alone, people will know what spirituality is and where it comes from. And they no longer have to hide empathy either!

peace,

somebody/gwen

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Until I read Crisis of Conscience ....then the guilt started going away . It took longer for me to quit blaming myself for raising my three sons as witnesses . It is starting to get better .

I grew up with a Dad that was an alcoholic, a mom that was a brainwashed JW . I tried my best to be a good witness . After asssemblies I would do good for a while .....more study ,more service ect.... But I never commited myself to pioneer or even aux. pioneer. I don't know why I held back I think I feared I would fail at that too ,and didn't want that on my head .

It got to much never feeling good enough . The relief of that stress is so great that even if I found out tommorrow they were right I still wouldn't go back .

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I can tell you now as a Jehovahs' Witness I never felt the spirit, I never felt pure joy and happiness, I never felt "light".

I always thought I wasn't doing enough and that I was always criticised & looking back now I was the same toward others - very judgemental on myself & those around me.

Now - I cry tears of joy when I read how people have freed themselves from the organisation. I feel uplifted and a sense of true being. I know my God. I know I'm under his love and grace and that I'm not subject to some humans' law.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Definatley a slow fade but I realized that "it" was wrong not ME....the more research I did the more I could see that I had been duped..these nagging doubts just kept growing till there was nothing left but doubt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit