In light of the teddy bear named Muhammad.....

by NYCkid 10 Replies latest jw friends

• NYCkid
    NYCkid

Regarding the teddy bear named Muhammad by a class in a prestigious private school in Sudan and the ensuing controversy, which is a prime example of religious fundamentalism (or religious extremism if you prefer) gone awry, I thought I'd incite some conflict in good 'ol USA....

• Jehovah is a self-centered tyrant
    • Jesus is a wine-loving homeless hippie
    • Allah is Jehovah's alter-ego
    • Moses is warlock
    • Joseph Smith is a pedophile
    • Buddah is a pregnant hermaphrodite
    • The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses are brainless, racist and closeted homosexual alcoholics

There, that feels better.

Best,

NYCkid

• Satanus
    Satanus

I have seven teddy bears. I think i will name them mohammed, jehovah, jesus buddha, joe, allah and moses. I hope the teddy bears won't mind.

S

• changeling
    changeling

Maybe the Sudanese would like this toy instead!

http://www.thejukejoint.com/cuddlyosama.html

changeling

• MikeA
    MikeA

To those who seem to think that judeo-christianity is the same or worse than islam in this regard (as a whole religion, not a few nuts), let's do a quick comparison: Did the Pope (or any other leader) call for the whipping or death of anyone naming their hispanic child "hay-soos" (Jesus) ? If so, about half of mexico is in real trouble. Did any jewish religious leader call for the head of anyone naming anything after Jacob, Isaac, Ruth and many, many others? C'mon..... the "tolerance" meter is sitting at ZERO in islam. To recieve tolerance, one must display it first. Fair, no? If you expect me to respect YOU, then you would show me respect, right? OF course you would! That is about as "duhhhh" as it gets. So how can one of the worlds largest religions expect tolerance when they tolerate NOTHING!

• NYCkid
    NYCkid

Mike, great point about tolerance. It would be nice to see the so-called progressive Muslim nations (e.g. Turkey, Saudia Arabia, Pakistan) denouncing the way the Sudan government is handling the matter. Although I believe a leading Islam organization in Britain has denounced the ridiculous sentence. Considering what is happening in western Sudan (Darfur), it's no surprise that Islam isn't a religion concerned with human rights.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

MikeA,

Did the Pope (or any other leader) call for the whipping or death of anyone naming their hispanic child "hay-soos" (Jesus) ?

Not in this century, but certainly in centuries past. Do not forget history nor the Century that some countries who adhere to Islam still live in.

HS

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo
    Did the Pope (or any other leader) call for the whipping or death of anyone naming their hispanic child "hay-soos" (Jesus) ? If so, about half of mexico is in real trouble. Did any jewish religious leader call for the head of anyone naming anything after Jacob, Isaac, Ruth and many, many others?

EXCEPT that there are many, many, many Muslims out there named Mohammed. I don't think that's the objection.

I think the problem they have is in the "sacrilege" of naming a child's toy after their prophet, probably the same objection to having an image of him made.

Myself, I think the whole thing is ludicrous. This is what happens when no one has anything more interesting in their lives to occupy their time.

• VM44
  • RisingEagle
    RisingEagle

I still think the real issue in this case that seems to get missed is that the teacher got the kids to vote on the bears name. I feel that the idea of children thinking for themselves scared the crap out of the local Sudanese officials and they chose the name of the bear as a reason to 'get' that muckraker teacher. Much like the witling jc's that purge a freethinker in the congo and then df the spouse when he/she refuses to accept the ruling. It's about control.

• barry
    barry

Just saw on the TV an angry mob in Sudan they now want the death penalty for the poor teacher. Many said they would kill her themselves and were carrying weapons to carry it out.

Ive just named my own teddy bear Mohamad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit