14 old JW boy dies refusing blood transfusion

by Philippus79 13 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Philippus79
    Philippus79

Here is the link:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/11/29/jehovahs.witness.ap/index.html

(Matthew 23:35-36) . . .may come upon YOU all the righteous blood spilled on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zech·a·ri´ah son of Bar·a·chi´ah, whom YOU murdered between the sanctuary and the altar. 36 Truly I say to YOU, All these things will come upon this generation."

Phil

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

This story is on the MSN homepage this morning. Very sad. I'm so glad it is getting coverage.

Please rate these stories and email them when you see them so that they stay in the spotlight as long as possible...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22032266/wid/11915773?gt1=10613

• unique1
    unique1

So sad. Imagine the consequences if his parents had custody.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

My kids are around the same age and I am sitting here crying right now. How sad that innocent children's lives are cut short for such senseless reasons. Imagine how these parents will feel when they someday find out they were worshiping a magazine publishing empire? Truly sad indeed. Peace, Lilly

• 5go
    5go

Assuming the judge isn't removed soon for such a boneheaded ruling in light of other rulings on older children elsewhere. I doubt he will make that mistake again.

• tinker
    tinker

I live in Wa state and this was on our local news last night. A large slot of time was given to the story, including a shot of a KH and mention that JW's declined to comment. I hope this will give cause for our community to ask Q's when JW's come calling.

I am wondering why a 14yr old kid was under guardianship of an aunt? What was up with the parents, not JW's from what I can tell. I have seen where a 16yr old can be emancipated from a parent but not as young as 14.....hum, I have questions.

• Philippus79
    Philippus79

I'm sad myself about the situation. But I did some research and as it seems this poor lad decided really for himself.

He made something like a conscious decision based on his faith. Obviously the question is was he mature enough to do so? the judge seems to say yes....

A very difficult situation.

Phil

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I guess the ORG, still needs martyrs

• 5go
    5go
    But I did some research and as it seems this poor lad decided really for himself.

No, he did not! He did what a group of leaders told him to do. The judge clearly did not consult past decisions, there is a precedent in this case. The watchtower is using false information, strong arm tactics, and exaggerating the danger to keep the faithful from using blood; and seeking proper treatment. If the watchtower would of changed policy that day the child would of taken the blood. This is not about freedom of belief, but the right of religion to misinform it's lay into making bad decisions.

• 5go
    5go

Damn good point this guy made.

3. Comment by Jerry J. (JJ2014)— November 30,2007 @ 6:46AM

THE MORAL OF THIS STORY IS THAT IT IS SAFER FOR CHILDREN TO BE REARED BY DRUG USERS THAN BY JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES.

With that point made, the DEATH of this CHILD is a SCANDAL. The District Attorney needs to investigate why Children's Hospital waited until it was too late for blood transfusions to help, instead of requesting an emergency court hearing as soon as it was obvious that transfusions would eventually be necessary. Start with the so-called "Ethicist" at the Hospital.

Summaries of over 225 similiar Jehovah's Witness Court Cases are found at:

BLOOD TRANSFUSIONS AND OTHER LEGAL ISSUES AFFECTING CHILDREN OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES

HTTP ://JWDIVORCES.BRAVEHOST.COM

Reviewing these similar cases at this website reveals that typically only Hospitals that agree with the Jehovah's Witnesses position, and wanting to uphold such, would delay seeking court intervention in such an obvious situation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit