my first christmas tree, real or fake?

by BIG D 36 Replies latest jw friends

• BIG D
    BIG D

This will be my first real christmas, fake or real tree? any comments?

big d

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Although a real tree would be more traditional, I would opt for the artificial tree for the fire safety aspect.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Fake pre-lit. Unless you don't mind needles and spraying fire retardant on it. My neighbors only do real. I have a baby fake one for our first, but it's a beauty.

Have fun!!!

• Robdar
    Robdar

Real--they smell nice. Keep it well watered and don't forget to saw off some of the trunk before you plunk it in the water.

Also, if you have pets, beware of the silvery icicles. Cats like to eat them. BTW, cats also like to climb in the tree.

Cats love Christmas because Santa Paws comes to visit.

I hope you have a very merry Christmas.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

Only you can decide. Personally, I like the real trees. Preferably the Frazier Firs with the strong pine smell.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Oh my gosh, I know this is just my personal opinion, but pleeeeeeeeeease get a real tree! It's so beautiful, they smell soooooo good. Just make sure you get a nice fresh one, and they trim a disc off the bottom. Then you get a nice solid tree stand and keep it watered. Nothing can compare to the fragrance when you get up in the morning. Have a cup of coffee before anyone else gets up, and savor the whole experience.

• 5go
    5go

Fake pre lit

You can use it year after year

Nothing says you can not do a real one later though.

• 5go
    5go

Oh yeah and real trees are a huge fire hazzard do not smoke around them.

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

I'm having my first one too. I'm going the real route, although not very big.

I am chasing after my childhood memories including the scent of a real tree.

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

Get a fake one with lights !!

Real trees are a complete waste and a hassle to boot , unless you like to go and cut down your own , you know have a little adventure in the forest with friends and family, that is a lot of fun, even though that real tree will still be waste and a pain in the butt.

Endless pine needles , don't forget the tree food in the water , cats love drinking that stuff so watch out cause that same cat will prolly like climbing the real tree too cause it smells like outside.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit