A Question for those of you who run on Empty gas tanks?

by restrangled 64 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

I am going to guess there are few to no women who do this. It has to be mainly guys.....and why take the chance is my question?

I never go below 1/3 of a tank and refill.

My husband on the other hand will go down to the flashing light to refuel!

Can any of you guys explain this for me?

r.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Can any of you guys explain this for me?

Happily.

Men tend to take more risks.

Women tend to be conservative.

Life can get boring.

It's exciting to see how close you can come to running out without actually running out.

I've run out only three times in nineteen years of driving, always within a block of a gas station.

All joking aside, the weight of the extra fuel lowers your gas mileage.

In other words, always driving with a half tank as opposed to a full tank really makes a difference with regards to fuel efficiency, especially in vehicles with large tanks.

• BIG D
    BIG D

i dont get it either, sorry guys, my friend has ran out of gas 6 times in the last 2 years, and he calls me, i now tell him , no, shouldve got gas!

bug d

• JH
    JH

I never go that low.

In the winter when it's cold, I tend to keep it full, so that it won't freeze.

I googled this below:

Keep your gas tank near full to prevent ice in the tank and fuel lines which could leave you stranded

• restrangled
    restrangled

Nvr....I still don't get this.....taking off in the morning and being too busy to put some gas in. Is this a normal thing with guys?

r.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    .....taking off in the morning and being too busy to put some gas in. Is this a normal thing with guys?

Yes.

It's also about that...

being too busy.

Hey.

Sometimes guys even forget to pee.

Ask your hubby.

Sometimes you gotta go mid-morning and get so busy at work that you forget to go till you get home.

We got bigger bladders.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

reason 1..... if the man doesnt fill it up, the woman will next time she takes it out and thereby saving him the trouble.

reason 2.. she controls all the money and she gave him gas money LAST week.

reason 3.. men are always IN A HURRY and don't have the time

or reason 4...we gals are just smarter and check the fuel gage more often LOL

• DJK
    DJK

When my gauge reaches "E", I still have 100 miles of driving. Can't run out of gas.

A tip when your filling your tank. If you see a tanker off-loading fuel at a station, don't stop for gas. Go to the next station. During the off-loading, sediments and water on the bottom of the underground tank get stirred up. They may end up in your tank. I worked in filling stations for three years and I have seen many cars towed because of water most of all.

DJK

• restrangled
    restrangled

Candidly nuts....

or reason 4...we gals are just smarter and check the fuel gage more often

This is my main mission in life! if we are going long distance, I always suggest taking my car because it has enough gas to at least get on the highway and stay there for awhile. I always know how much is in the tank. I can go to bed and sleep on that knowledge in case there are any emergencies! Am I too anal about the fuel level? I don't know, but you can always count on my car!

The men in this family on the other hand ususally have little to no gas in their tanks and run like the wind, getting on the highways with little to no gas......it makes me crazy

r.!

• John Doe
    John Doe

Restrangled, you're being a bit anal. For me, it's all about efficiency. Waiting in line at the gas pumps and then paying takes a minimum of 20 minutes. Doing that when you still have a 1/3 of a tank means you're throwing 20/3 = 6 2/3 minutes of your life away every time you fill up. My time is too valuable for that.

Also, my fuel guage doesn't work, so I don't have to worry about it being low. ;-P Just set the tripometer, and when it hits 450 I know I need to fill up in the next 50 miles. However, my tripometer hasn't been working lately, so I just go by gut instinct. I've run out of gas twice in my life, and I rarely have more than 3 gallons in the tank when I fill up, even with no functioning gauges. Call it being "in tune" with your ride. ha ha ha

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit