I just put my kitty down today - BW-A-A-A

by Trotafox 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

Thanks Mike, Lilacs, Cygnus, Ranchette, outnfree, think41self, crittersitter, and Lionel...I knew I could count on you all to make me feel better. It's too early for me to think about replacing him. I just don't know at this point but I'll be in touch with Lilacs or crittersitter if I want to replace him. Crittersitter...that sounds like a really great business.

Love to you all, Trot

P.S. Thanks to you too, Jayhawk. Your post crossed with my reply.

"Wicked men obey from fear; good men, from love".... Aristotle. You can love and obey Christ without intervention from an organization.

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

So very sorry trot

{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}

"The important thing is to not stop questioning" Albert Einstein

• Satanus
    Satanus

Trot

Sorry to hear of your loss. I know how close a person can get to a cat. I feel like i love my cat.

I like to think that their spirits go to a cat goddess or an a cat oversoul, then reincarnate again if they want.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

I also had a scare with my pet dog once.
    I took him to the vet because he was cross-eyed.
    The vet picked him up to look closely at his eyes, and after examining him said "I am going to have to put your dog down".
    I nearly fell over! I said "You're joking??? You want to put him down because he's crosseyed???!!"
    And the vet said "No, because he's damn heavy".

(apologies to Bingo if he's reading this...)

The Pope

• Simon
    Simon

Sorry to hear that Trotafox

Our cat had to be put down a few months ago after being put down. I'd had her since I moved into my house and was my sole companion for quite a few years. She was a bit wild at first and you couldn't stroke her without being scratched (as Angharad found out when she first visited). Over the years with some TLC she became a real softy and was absolutely brilliant with the kids even as babies.

She seemed almost human at times and would come to us miaowing and very agitated one time when Dylan was stuck in his cot and also when she seemed to think Liam was toddling too far from the house (running back and forth from him to us).

She was very old and having trouble walking in the end but thankfully she didn't seem to be in any pain when she was run over.

The kids keep mentioning her... Liam even asks about the car (trying to find out 'what color was it?'). I think they'd like a kitten.

I love cats... this is one of the few times that we haven't had one.

• kilroy
    kilroy

Oh, Trot, I am SO sorry!
    I am sitting here bawling out loud with tears streaming.

I am remembering our little old 20 year old lady. Long blond hair. She collapsed at my feet one Friday night. I guess it was a stroke. She was already deaf and this blinded her.

Hubby still streams tears when he hears Neil Diamond's "Hello, My Friend." Thats what was on the radio the next night as she lay dying in his lap. She was gone by Sunday morning.

It took us 14 years to get another one. I have to stop now.

I don't know if it ever heals. She was sure one of a kind. They all are no matter what anyone says.

Kilroy

• JanH
    JanH

Sorry to hear about this, Trot.

I love cats, and it's the only animal I allow myself to be sentimental about.

- Jan
    --
    "Doctor how can you diagnose someone with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and then act like I had some choice about barging in here right now?" -- As Good As It Gets

• bboyneko
    bboyneko
    Our cat had to be put down a few months ago after being put down.

She was very old and having trouble walking in the end but thankfully she didn't seem to be in any pain when she was run over.

Simon I am a bit confused.

• Angharad
    Angharad

Bboy

I noticed that too. Our cat was put down after being run over. Simon must not have noticed when he posted it.

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

Trot - so sorry for your loss.

Any possibility of doing the same for Fred Hall, though?

--Michael

"Any day spent NOT knocking on doors is a good day!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit