Wii or XBOX 360 or Playstation -- which to buy?

by UnConfused 40 Replies latest social entertainment

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

If they have a Toys R Us where you live or another major toy company, they will usually tell you when they expect to get more. I know here if you show up an hour before they open and wait at the front you are likely to get a ticket to buy one. It might be worth calling the toy places you have there and looking into it.

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

My 360 is a bad mama jama but I would love to own a Wii

Wii 's are about having fun with others , 360 games are about bringing the pain !

A PS3 is a better value than a 360 as far as hardware goes and in the future will have some impressive titles . The current winner is 360 for online games and online infrastructure.

Sony will play catch up for a while to come. Nintendo always marches to the beat of a different drummer and it's always entertaining.

You can't lose betting on Nintendo with the Wii ,

• ninja
    ninja

I've got a wiistation 360.......

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

^^^^ Woot! LOL @ Ninja

• Es
    Es

I def would have said xbox 360 my hubby actually makes games for the consoles, and that one is the best, but as you said its for your 11 year old I would get the Wii its more a family kind of console if that makes sense.

es

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

I bought myself a Wii in the summer (my b-day present to myself) and love it. Actually am using the boxing game as a quasi-cardio workout.

The game choice is limited compared to the other consoles but there are enough of a range for all tastes. I do like the dynamic remotes (wireless) part of the Wii compared to the sit in one place and only move your thumbs controllers of the other manufacturers. You can sit and use Wii but it is more fun to duck bob and weave for real.

I have a few games collected so far including Medal Of Honour - Vanguard, Second Opion (medical game), Texas Holdem, Madden 2007 (football), heatseeker (pilot/fighter game), and Resident Evil (I haven't tried that one yet).

The local Wal-Marts seem to have a pretty good supply chain coming in. I did try three times however but then spoke with one of the sales gals and she toldd me their delivery dates and stocking schedule, so I was able to get it right off the cart before they even put it on the shelf. If all else fails let me know and I can see if I can pick another one up for you. They are going for $260-270 (CDN) right now.

Good luck and happy gaming

Uzzah

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

Definately a Wii.

Especially since it's a child.

Make sure you invest in some rechargeable AA's.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

My 9 yr old has a Wii & the PS3. He got both for x-mas last year. He plays the PS3 all the time, and only plays the wii when he has friends over to play. The Wii is fun, even for me. Since she is a girl, I would say the Wii would be better suited for her. There is a new sports pack available now that looks like alot of fun that will work with the sports game that comes with the Wii. It will turn the remote into a baseball bat, tennis racket, golf club, steering wheel and other things...May try to get that for my son this year.

• Jourles
    Jourles

Wii owner here. I would highly recommend this over the other two easily.

Jourles, of the "I feel like my arms are going to fall off because I played the Olympic game waaaay too hard" class

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Sorry for being off the board mostly but our kids got a Wii and it is fun for the whole family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit