by Vernon Williams 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

Hey guys,

An ex JW friend of ours ask about 2012. Her sister went to a CA and the/a speaker(s) mentioned 2012? This friend of ours was asking if I had noticed anything on this board about that date. I have been distracted so badly that I have not been keeping up.....help, please......

V

• JCanon
    JCanon

Hi Vernon,

2012 is potentially significant, but more pertinent if we knew what context it was brought up in at the CA (circuit assembly). 2011 and 2012 are showing up in everybody's chronology. Check out posts by OBVES for instance.

2012 is the "revised" and adjusted 1975 date for my chronology. That is, based upon better chronology, where 455 BCE becomes the 1st of Cyrus, the Exodus occurs in 1386 BCE rather than 1513 BCE as per the witnesses. The relative chronology in the Bible from the Exodus back to Adam is accurate, so basically 1975 is 127 years too early. 127 plus 1975 gives us 2102 for the potential 6000 years since creation. But 1975 was also considered significant chronologically since it was assumed that the 1000-year reign would have to begin no later than 6000 years after Adam's creation. However, when the millennium begins and when 6000 years since man's creation occurs is a "flexible" issue. Thus the 2102 date is adjusted by a few things for a more realistic potential millennium cut-off date. The suggested adjustments are:

1. Instead of Adam naming the animals in just one quick year and dumping a wife on him when he was mentally and emotionally a one-year-old, that gets adjusted to the age of Jesus when he presented as a sacrifice in exachange for Adam, which was age 30. That moves 2102 back to 2132 AD.

2. God doesn't say, "I'm making all things new" (Rev. 21:3,4) until after the millennium, after Satan is released to test the post-millennium population, and then after that Judgment Day. Thus the presumption that Satan's final test and Judgment Day occur within the 7th Creative Day but after the millennium. Allowing 40 years for testing by Satan and one generation of 80 years for Judgment Day, we presume to move the millennium up by 120 years from 2132, which then gives us 2012 AD.

The Bible says that God does nothing without letting his servants know about it first. So even if the reference doesn't seem to make sense, the fact that this date keep showing up is in and of itself significant. That is, even if JWs believe the millennium will begin prior to 2012 based upon some completely Biblically unfounded or erroneous reason, it still is significant because it is incidentally correct and still affects our expectations. The right date for the wrong reason still works out.

PLEASE let us know what the WTS said about 2012. I'm curious if it is just a date they will complete another printing facility or if they think it is linked to some Biblical event or not. THANKS

JCanon

• Satanus
    Satanus

Somebody else on this board said 2012 was mentioned by a speaker, a while ago. I wonder if they have been instructed to use this date to scare the sheep, or if it's just random personal ravings.

S

• lesterd
    lesterd

There only 4 reference to 2012, all in the Awake and regarding the rise in greenhouse gasses and global warming, eclipses and full moons...the stuff prophesies are made from.

• Liberty
    Liberty

If the Watch Tower Society points to the year 2012 you can be ASSURED that nothing will happen. They have 100% failure rate when predicting anything or marking dates so that is the best reason ever 2012 will be just another year.

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

Thank you all for the feedback....I hope more post to this thread...I am going to send this thread's link to my buddies.

With Appreciaiton,

V

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    check out posts by OBVES for instance.

8 out of 10 self proclaimed experts agree, the end is near!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Here are the specious reasons for 2012 to be the end: It is the end of the Mayan calendar. Hence, it is logical that the Tower will try to cash in to spike its members (after the embarrassment of the pedophile incident last week).

After that, they have 2014 to trump up. That is the 100 year anniversary of the original predictions. After that, they will try with 2034 on the 120 years. After that, they are going to have to rework the whole 1914 date or they are going to be up Sxxx Creek without a paddle.

• 5go
    5go

The year the Luftwaffe retires the F-4 Phantom II.

• freyd
    freyd

Quote: "The relative chronology in the Bible from the Exodus back to Adam is accurate, so basically 1975 is 127 years too early." hmmm...so 1874 + 127 = 2001 Isn't that the year that......?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit