I DID SOME WITNESSING!

by south african beef 10 Replies latest jw friends

• south african beef
    south african beef

....for the other side!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a salesman and in one of my customers premises I noticed a Watchtower and Awake in the bin!

I asked a few questions and found out that a young lad that works there gets a visit from a 'nice little old lady' who has a chat and leaves the mags. He said some of the articles were quite interesting.

So I told him my history with the org and how they cover up paedo's, keep changing their interpretations, shun those that leave etc etc and by the end he said that he wouldn't have any more dealings with her.

RESULT!

SAB

• south african beef
    south african beef

Anybody else done any 'anti-witnessing' work?

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Ian,

Good job!

Eryn has had some success, too! http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/8/147497/1.ashx

I suppose my own success would be that no one in the cul-de-sac where I live, and which you've visited, will have anything to do with JWs - especially after I told them what they did to my family!

Ian

• south african beef
    south african beef

Hi Ian,

Yes I've just read Eryns thread - wonderful!

I remember when I was at primary school that I had a 'study' with a friend, with the 'truth' book - so glad it didn't come to anything, imagine knowing that we pounced on someone so young and that they fell for it.

Glad no one in you cul de sac is a Witness. We think we must be on the dnc list as we have never had a visit in 5 years.

Twice Bubble has had a call from her elder uncle asking whether she wants to come back - not asking whether she is happy and healthy!

Regards and love,

Ian

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hello again, Ian,

You may recall that while no-one in the cul-de-sac is interested in JWism there is an elder living approx 200 yards up on the corner. During my illness he never bothered to walk down to enquire as to how I was, nor 'phone or send a card - and we'd been friends for years!! Frankly, I couldn't care less - but his actions said more to the neighbours than anything I could say

In the 15 years I was a baptised JW I never (apart from immediate family) managed to get anyone to become a JW. What a GREAT relief!!

Love to Bubble!

Ian

• Gopher
    Gopher

SAB,

Yes I too had some "Witnessing" success at a family reunion this summer. One of my father's cousins was having weekly 5-minute studies conducted by the JW's at her doorstep, where they'd raise a question and showed her the Bible answer in some magazine article. (How lame is that?) I told her about a couple of the major issues involving JW's like the pedophile scandal, and she excitedly called over her mom and asked, "Hey.. did you hear what Gopher is saying about the JW's? Isn't that interesting?" I think I may have helped put an end to that study, or at least helped her to never move on what the JW was telling her.

I enjoyed your Witnessing story very much too. For me it's like "Refreshing cold water from a distant land upon a tired soul" or whatever verse the WTS uses to introduce their silly, exaggerated Yearbook experiences. Except your story isn't silly or exaggerated, just refreshing!

• south african beef
    south african beef

Gopher,

Interesting story - isn't it funny how we only see how sad, introverted and dark the Witnesses are after you leave them and certainly do see the light.

It is true that the 'truth shall set you free' - it certainly did me!

Regards

SAB

• dawg
    dawg

I sent letters to everyone in my family and friends exposing my "apostacy" and telling them everything I know... almost 50% called and said they agreed, the other 50 wanted to kill me.

I don't regret it one bit as today another friend told me he didn't believe it anymore, mostly becasue of the molestation coverup. Now begins his long process

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Good job!

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Aparrently I have been shunning my JW bud and didn't know it. Jeez, I was just sick of hearing all the bs, ad infinitum!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit